• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Police called on Husband & daughter, when went to confront pizza driver in store

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomeGuru

Re: no clue to the original statement

Obviously, this is a joke sight, with members that seem to have no life whatsoever. Here's a bit of advise obtain a hobby other than this one.

**A: what the heck is a joke sight? Would it be an oversight of jokes?
Good-bye and seriously consider thinking about spending your time in a more constructive manner, I know I now have waisted a couple of hours of my time with this.

**A: sorry you waisted your time. If you stay off the pizza maybe your waist will be smaller. How can you have a BS degree is you can't even spell simple words?
Oh yeah, we all know what BS really stands for.

B

BrokeDown

Turkey mentality

My dear departed grandmother would say Kristia has a turkey mentality. Even though my grandmother was not a school educated woman she was very wise. She always talked about people with turkey mentalities ( People that had their nose stuck so high in the air that they would drown if caught out in the rain to long). It's fairly obvious that Kristia is a snob!! All you have to do is read her reply to hexeliebe and it's very obvious she thinks she is better. Just from her attitude I would say if her husbands attitude is anything close to hers and I'm sure it is that he in fact shoved the pizza's back at the delivery person. I think Kristia is the one that should seek counciling!!! Just my 2 cents.

BrokeDown

PS: maybe she should take her husband and daughter with her!

mailman16

I'm someone who's been in customer contact jobs my entire life. One of those jobs was as a pizza delivery driver so naturally, I would love to hear the driver's side of the story. I can offer this as advice though, nothing will happen to the driver and the best you'll get is a coupon for a free pizza and that's if it's a large company. If it's a small mom and pop place, you'll likely not get another delivery from them and they'll probably tell you to go pound sand because as much as you'd like to think that the customer is always right, the reality is is that you're not. If I had a dime for every time some escaped mental patient tried to get me in trouble, I'd be typing this on my laptop from the beach in Cozumel. In fact, I could probably write a book full of some of the most creative lies you've ever heard. In short, your husband could have easily resolved the situation over the phone but instead chose to confront the driver in person. From a lowly civil servant's perspective, that's an intimidating situation regardless of what the intent may be. Did you ever stop to think that maybe the store changed it's check acceptance policy? I dropped a check once and it bounced back up so hard, it fractured my jaw in three places:D

B

BrokeDown

Replay to Jetx

Sorry I'm just a simple country boy and I ain't yes I said ain't trying to win any spelling contest! If my lack of spelling ability has offended you then I am truly sorry!

BrokeDown

PS: The reason I use the word "ain't" is because one of my highschool English teachers told me it is a word not a proper word but a word never the less.

PSS: he did have a masters in English Language

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: Replay to Jetx

BrokeDown said:
Sorry I'm just a simple country boy and I ain't yes I said ain't trying to win any spelling contest! If my lack of spelling ability has offended you then I am truly sorry!

BrokeDown

PS: The reason I use the word "ain't" is because one of my highschool English teachers told me it is a word not a proper word but a word never the less.

Ain't has a long history of controversy. It first appeared in 1778, evolving from an earlier an't, which arose almost a century earlier as a contraction of are not and am not. In fact, ain't arose at the tail end of an era that saw the introduction of a number of our most common contractions, including don't and won't. But while don't and won't eventually became accepted at all levels of speech and writing, ain't was to receive a barrage of criticism in the 19th century for having no set sequence of words from which it can be contracted and for being a “vulgarism,” that is, a term used by the lower classes, although an't at least had been originally used by the upper classes as well. At the same time ain't's uses were multiplying to include has not, have not, and is not, by influence of forms like ha'n't and i'n't. It may be that these extended uses helped fuel the negative reaction. Whatever the case, criticism of ain't by usage commentators and teachers has not subsided, and the use of ain't is often regarded as a sign of ignorance. ·But despite all the attempts to ban it, ain't continues to enjoy extensive use in speech. Even educated and upper-class speakers see no substitute in folksy expressions such as Say it ain't so and You ain't seen nothin' yet. ·The stigmatization of ain't leaves us with no happy alternative for use in first-person questions. The widely used aren't I? though illogical, was found acceptable for use in speech by a majority of the Usage Panel in an earlier survey, but in writing there is no acceptable substitute for the stilted am I not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">