• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Police exchange of cild

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? NJ

Hi Ladies, this is Celeste again. I posted earlier about my husband and his frustration about the pick up and drp off of is child. I told the advice given to me on this site and he wants to know if it's possible to exchange his child at the police office. He's some how ticked about the mother not physically coming to the door at exchange. Can he motion for this type exchange? My husband is working my nerves with this.

Thanks all:)

Last edited:

mommyof4

Your husband needs to grow the heck up.

If it's not in the court order that they must exchange the child at the police station, then NO she doesn't have to meet him there for exchange.

If I remember correctly, the order states he is to p/u and d/o the child at Mom's house.

He is seriously going to tick off the judge with these pissy requests if he actually takes this to court. There is no hostility or history of the mother failing to comply with the order. There is no reason to change the standing order just because your husband is such a control freak he feels he has a right to gaze upon the mother's face at p/u and d/o.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Sweetheart (and I mean that with all sincerity)... please tell your husband to get his own ass on the computer. I'd like to tell him what a moron he's being - both for putting YOU in the middle of his problem and for the turmoil he's causing his child.

Sweetheart (and I mean that with all sincerity)... please tell your husband to get his own ass on the computer. I'd like to tell him what a moron he's being - both for putting YOU in the middle of his problem and for the turmoil he's causing his child.
I take no offense Stealth, I wish I could get his ass on the computer so that he can hear how silly he's being from you guys:D
I really don't want to get involved but I'm his wife and I feel I should be supportive I just don't want to do it this way by getting involved

Last edited:

CourtClerk

With all due respect Celeste, your being his wife does not mean that you need to put up with or be supportive of his foolishness. I think you may have your role as his wife just a little bit twisted. In fact, if anyone should be able to tell him that he is acting like an immature fool, it should be you. Your husband's ex doesn't have to agree to the police station p/u and d/o, nor should she. There is no documented reason why this change should be made. Also, are you ok with him using the family finances for such a frivolous request? Do you have any idea what it may cost to modify a custody order for something so stupid? He's digging himself a hole. One he may find that a judge may not be all that happy with him about. Not everyone has to be his friend.

I'll be quite interested in finding out how he will deal with things when your child is faced with someone who doesn't like him, doesn't want to play with him or doesn't want to be his friend. What will his response be? Call the police?:confused:

Also, I hope you intend on being married to him beyond forever. Let this be fair warning to you about how he will behave should you decide to go against his grain.

penelope10

With all due respect Celeste, your being his wife does not mean that you need to put up with or be supportive of his foolishness. I think you may have your role as his wife just a little bit twisted. In fact, if anyone should be able to tell him that he is acting like an immature fool, it should be you. Your husband's ex doesn't have to agree to the police station p/u and d/o, nor should she. There is no documented reason why this change should be made. Also, are you ok with him using the family finances for such a frivolous request? Do you have any idea what it may cost to modify a custody order for something so stupid? He's digging himself a hole. One he may find that a judge may not be all that happy with him about. Not everyone has to be his friend.

I'll be quite interested in finding out how he will deal with things when your child is faced with someone who doesn't like him, doesn't want to play with him or doesn't want to be his friend. What will his response be? Call the police?:confused:

Also, I hope you intend on being married to him beyond forever. Let this be fair warning to you about how he will behave should you decide to go against his grain.
The question again is why is he so ticked off that ex won't see him. Does he have an ego problem? Or just control issues.

I think what he really wants is to get the ex's attention hence the dumb-dumb idea about going to the police station for PU and drop off. He does know that even if this was ordered the court might not order her to be the one doing the pick up, drop off. And why would he want to put the child through this?

You don't have any kids with this guy yet do you? (Cause I'd be thinking real hard about not with someone who seems like he's got some serious issues demonstrated by his anger towards the ex for not coming to the door).

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
With all due respect Celeste, your being his wife does not mean that you need to put up with or be supportive of his foolishness. I think you may have your role as his wife just a little bit twisted. In fact, if anyone should be able to tell him that he is acting like an immature fool, it should be you.
I tell that to my husband all the time. :p

CLBKLCDTB

What is the name of your state? NJ

Hi Ladies, this is Celeste again. I posted earlier about my husband and his frustration about the pick up and drp off of is child. I told the advice given to me on this site and he wants to know if it's possible to exchange his child at the police office. He's some how ticked about the mother not physically coming to the door at exchange. Can he motion for this type exchange? My husband is working my nerves with this.

Thanks all:)

:rolleyes:

He wants to waste court time and police time by ordering her to do exchanges at the police station....All because mom won't great him at the door?

How petty :rolleyes::

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I take no offense Stealth, I wish I could get his ass on the computer so that he can hear how silly he's being from you guys:D
I really don't want to get involved but I'm his wife and I feel I should be supportive I just don't want to do it this way by getting involved
Darlin'... I was married to a man like this. The stuff I went though to be a "supportive" wife... never again. If I had known then what I know now, things may well have been very different. Don't let him put you in that place. Step back and tell him that this is HIS problem to deal with, not yours.

wileybunch

You already got enough straight up answers in your last post to have been able to tell him you weren't going to help him with that any more, but if he really wanted to carry on, he could get his own log in and ask himself. Being supportive doesn't mean doing what he wants you to do even though it's dead wrong and using you as his surrogate to continue his petty behavior.

The question again is why is he so ticked off that ex won't see him. Does he have an ego problem? Or just control issues.

I think what he really wants is to get the ex's attention hence the dumb-dumb idea about going to the police station for PU and drop off. He does know that even if this was ordered the court might not order her to be the one doing the pick up, drop off. And why would he want to put the child through this?

You don't have any kids with this guy yet do you? (Cause I'd be thinking real hard about not with someone who seems like he's got some serious issues demonstrated by his anger towards the ex for not coming to the door).

No we have no kids yet. However, we are planning on having some one day

LdiJ

Seriously hon, I am still shaking my head over the fact that he thinks that mom is being disrespectful because she isn't the one meeting him at the door....and now he wants to move the exchanges to the police station simply because of that?

Your husband needs a huge "reality check", and if you don't give it to him, he may end up getting it from a judge, and that probably won't be pretty.

onebreath

Maybe you could fine a one liner when he dumps his stuff on you (which I suspect is whats going on), that your sorry this is difficult to him and/or ask "what has ____(situation) got to do with ______ (childs name's) happiness?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">