• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Police Profiling, How far is too far?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kjizzle

I can't scuba dive anymore because of the neck injury. :(

Cave diving requires special diving training. If hubby doesn't have that training and/or goes into those caves himself I'd be worried too.

Now that a bridge over the Intracoastal is close for repairs until Sept., it takes me longer than 3 min. to get to the beach.
My husband ALWAYS corrects me when I say platoon boat. I think about that movie every time I say it:p. I am sorry you can't dive anymore, I know when someone takes to it it's hard to give up. I could never get the breathing right. He trained in pensacola years ago and he has been diving for about 10 years but it still scares me even some experienced divers have had problems in the caves. Have you ever been in any caves?

Shay-Pari'e

Got your PM Blonde, so I thought I'd pop in since I have a second. You all have a great 4th, and be safe.

We are pretty ready, I just need to keep my sanity,lol. Shopping with this brood at Costco yesturday was an experience. One pushed the flat cart, while another sat on all the cases (of beer, water's, ect), and steered the other cart.

BlondiePB

Whatever Gets The Job Done Is Great

Got your PM Blonde, so I thought I'd pop in since I have a second. You all have a great 4th, and be safe.

We are pretty ready, I just need to keep my sanity,lol. Shopping with this brood at Costco yesturday was an experience. One pushed the flat cart, while another sat on all the cases (of beer, water's, ect), and steered the other cart.

Have a great and safe 4th too. The milky way will be visible the 4th in case you want to star gaze, ooops...in case you can star gaze after all them Corona's. :D

Please send Rico down here after he goes and waits on kjizzle.

BlondiePB

My husband ALWAYS corrects me when I say platoon boat. I think about that movie every time I say it:p. I am sorry you can't dive anymore, I know when someone takes to it it's hard to give up. I could never get the breathing right. He trained in pensacola years ago and he has been diving for about 10 years but it still scares me even some experienced divers have had problems in the caves. Have you ever been in any caves?
Diving, like snorkeling, I took to like a fish in water. Funny thing is that diving is easier than snorkeling. But, the pressure changes are why no more diving for me which is why doctors won't give me medical clearance even if the BC is put on & taken off in the water. When what pressure changes can do with the neck injury was explained to me, it was crystal clear.

Diving for 10 years and taking the special diving training for caves is NOT the same. I've only dived in the ocean. So no, I haven't been in any caves.

Going in caves, even on land, just isn't appealing to me. Heck, I won't even go in Dagwood's cave. :eek:

We sure had some big storms today!

Do you know what is a platoon boat? Have a safe & happy 4th.

kjizzle

Shay_Pari'e , BLONDIEPB , clt747

Have a great fourth and remember to have LOTS OF FUN! It is required:p
While you are all out on the beaches and in your boats think about me stuck at the office:(
I won't be there the whole weekend but long enough:eek:
It is too much trouble taking the boat out for a few hours all the cleaning and preparing just isn't worth a few hours.
Enjoy yourselves!

>Charlotte<

Lurker
Miles to the marina: 10
Time waiting in line to put the boat in the water: An hour
Drunk idiots on the water to try to avoid: Too many to count
Kids screaming ITS MY TURN ON THE INNERTUBE!!! MOOOOMMMM!!!!!: You tell me
Bottles of sunscreen at $15 a pop, and you get sunburned anyway: Five
Gas: $4.25 a gallon
Things swimming around 20 feet below you that think when you lie on that raft like that you look an awful lot like an hors d'ouevre on a Ritz cracker: 'bout a million
Times I had to look up hors d'ouevre because I kept spelling it wrong: 2

Not having a boat so you float around in the pool for three days in peaceful bliss while somebody makes you a Tanqueray and tonic and somebody else cooks you a steak and it's your sister's turn to clean up: Priceless!

kjizzle

Things swimming around 20 feet below you that think when you lie on that raft like that you look an awful lot like an hors d'ouevre on a Ritz cracker: 'bout a million

Not having a boat so you float around in the pool for three days in peaceful bliss while somebody makes you a Tanqueray and tonic and somebody else cooks you a steak and it's your sister's turn to clean up: Priceless!
Priceless indeed!
My kids fight over everything the tube the ski board thingy and anything else they can think of. Kids! There should be an adult day and a kids day, but then who would be left to take care of the fighting arguing children:p
I would pay dearly just to have a day on the water with only my husband.

Shay-Pari'e

Shay_Pari'e , BLONDIEPB , clt747

Have a great fourth and remember to have LOTS OF FUN! It is required:p
While you are all out on the beaches and in your boats think about me stuck at the office:(
I won't be there the whole weekend but long enough:eek:
It is too much trouble taking the boat out for a few hours all the cleaning and preparing just isn't worth a few hours.
Enjoy yourselves!
Just popped on line and saw your post. OH! It has been eventfull.

1. Safeway cabbage football,(son lost his oakley's in the frozen meat department).
2. Almost got kicked out of Costco, for unsafe driving of carts.
3. On phone with sister closing window in a empty bedroom, when I locked myself inside, (not really, as my nephew was holding the door locked).
4. Stalked at Target by my own family via cell phone, ("Aunt ......, are you by any chance looking at oreo's on the snack isle?"), just to turn around and see hubby and Son's face hiding behind magazines.

5. Back to Safeway for a second,(You can tell I'm losing it now), I hear "Aunt ......, can we try this tester"). I'm busy as a bee but turn to look, this old lady said they needed permission from a parent for them to sample MAC & CHEESE FISH CRACKERS! She said it was the law, yet Costco is right across the street.:rolleyes:

I do not have the desire to look up that law.

Have fun you all, this tired butt needs to sleep, and yes, it is painfully clear I have a crazy family.;)

Last edited:

>Charlotte<

Lurker
I hope all that merriment means you're safe from the fires, now? I don't even know if they're still burning, I haven't kept up on news for the last couple of days. Anyway, it sounds like all is well--so have a safe Fourth and don't burn yourself on the flippin' sparklers!! (Some idiot always does that. It's usually me.)

Shay-Pari'e

I hope all that merriment means you're safe from the fires, now? I don't even know if they're still burning, I haven't kept up on news for the last couple of days. Anyway, it sounds like all is well--so have a safe Fourth and don't burn yourself on the flippin' sparklers!! (Some idiot always does that. It's usually me.)
Actually over 1400 fires still going, but we are getting the marine layer wind. My best friend in Oregon is getting the smoke, but even with the amount of fires, we are getting clearer where I live.

No sparklers or camp fires for us this year, (Eco friendly you know).

Shay-Pari'e

OMG! I am not alone after all.:)

I just caught the pun in your post, stupid me.

Last edited:

CdwJava

I'm missing all the fun! At home, all outdoor activities have been canceled because of the smoke from the fires, three counties are recommending people stay indoors, and little league all stars and even swimming competitions have been canceled due to the smoke in the air!

And ... darn ... here I am in Pennsylvania! And for those that have never traveled out here, I will never make fun of West Virginia ever again! That has to be one of the most beautiful places on the planet, and the people there have to be among the nicest we've met in our lives. If I could, I'd get a job there tomorrow!

Anyway, off to kill Yankees soon ... so I won't be here for a few days after tonight.

Oh, and for those that think YOUR tales are bad ... try crossing country with three boys (14, 12 and 8) stuck in a car for 6 to 10 hours each day!!! Now THAT is Hell!

As Jeff Foxworthy (or maybe, Bill Engvall) said, "The Wright Brothers invented the plane in 1903 because they traveled across country with their families in 1902."

Amen!

(Though, it has been a great experience so far! ...aside from the whining and attempted fratricide.)

- Carl

>Charlotte<

Lurker
Anyway, off to kill Yankees soon
For Pete's sake, tell Pickett I said "Take the hill"!! :)

Get up early and hit the battlefield right at dawn--before all the crowds show up--and walk from the woods up to Cemetery Hill. It's a pretty profound experience. You can almost feel 20,000 lost souls walking with you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">