• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Police Violate Civil Rights...again

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zeegna32

If this release binds efforts to seek FBI help, why did their lawyer beg them for 30 minutes on the phone not to go to the FBI? Why did he try to convince them that nothing would become of it and it would be a waste of their time? What does he care? He took the $7500 retainer EACH for about 3 hours of work. He has nothing to do with a federal complaint/investigation.

zeegna32

I also thought it was illgeal to ask someone to waive criminal liability. If I see someone being murdered, can someone force me not to say anything legally? Can police/lawyers/DAs make me sign a release of criminal liability?

justalayman

maybe because he realizes the ramifications of them making the complaint? as in the agreement would be ruled void and they would be subject to prosecution, which as you stated, they were very strongly against.

jjoshua:

Wouldn't that be against public policy?
which part?
in either case, what they would be doing is asking the agreement to be voided which puts us back to the point of are they willing to fight the criminal charges so the charges against the police can move forward?

We're going in circles here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">