• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Policeman Threatened to Take My Bicycle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

tg9209 said:
Appreciate the comments. Some clarity as to what you were thinking is very helpful....

My response:

That's right, I forgot. You're only 19, and you haven't taken any "Deductive Reasoning" courses yet. So, until then, you're welcome to come back here for "clarity" of your situations.

Don't steal that box of Cracker Jacks. Want to know why you shouldn't?

IAAL

T

tg9209

Right-o....Thanks for proving how difficult for you it is to be positive and complementary. Because the minute I interpret a comment as a complement...WHAM! The insults fly!

It's sad. Very sad. I may have not known the answer to my question, but I sure realize when I'm more mature in some ways than someone likely double my age.

Whether you all think the question is stupid, or the person is dumb is irrelavant. What is relevant, is the answer to the question. Step outside yourselves for a second and try to imagine the desperation someone might be going through with impending jail time looming. Leave the judgements about them out of the response, and just answer the question. It's pretty damn simple.

Thanks for answering my question combined with insults, judgements, etc. And the best part is...I stayed true to myself! I didn't bend to your will, and beg and plead to tell me the answer. I simply would not become involved in a power-struggle with you all. And I'm proud of the way I handled that.

I just hope you all figure out, how to feel good enough about yourselves not to make others (especially vunerable...impending jail, etc.) feel bad or engage in a power-struggle. The thread on, "Miranda Rights" is a perfect example of how an individual placated to receive an answer.

And my work here is done. I will not respond again. See the trend? I'm in control. And there's nothing you all can do about it....

Thanks for the situational experience. I learned how to handle difficult people, that much better. Thanks for giving me THAT knowledge. And I have no doubt you all did not even mean to do so. Maybe you're not as in control of the situation, as you think you are....

Regards.

mykoleary

And my work here is done. I will not respond again. See the trend? I'm in control. And there's nothing you all can do about it....
Actually, that's exactly what we were going for. Since my and others answers caused you to finally stop responding, we got exactly what we wanted.

Ahhh, now THAT'S control...

B

Big Bubba

I got a dollar that says that dude ain't gonna lose his bike.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">