• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

possible auction fraud problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

manowar27

What is the name of your state? IL

What is the statute of limitations on internet auction fraud? Over 5 years ago, I received payment for a few items on internet auctions, and I failed to send the merchandise. 4 situations came to a total of $1200. It's been over 5 years. If I had any way at all to pay restitution for my stupid actions, I would do so today! It was meant to be done as a way to get myself out of a difficult fiancial jam, and the guilt I have over the years is unbearable. There is absolutely no way for me to find anyone that my selfishness has affected. Is this something I should still be worried over? What would be the worst thing that might happen to me? Being sued in small claims court? Could there be possible criminal charges files after so long? Please help ease my mind........not that I deserve it, but I'm ruining my life worrying about this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">