• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possible civil case? who can help?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

whittibo

What is the name of your state? California

I have posted a couple times here, about my neighbors. I'll try to make this simple. Dog issues turned into violence threats that turned into restraining orders and us selling our house out of fear of this man. (they just moved in 2.5 months ago)
several other run ins with his family most recent was Sept 4th where he again threatened us and threw rocks at my husband. (we have pictures proving it)

so, we have decided to try to take them to civil court. someone here suggested suing the property owner (in this case is the mom) for maintaining a nuisance on her property. (her son and dogs)

I need to know what type of case this is.. every civil attorney I call tells me they don't DO these types of cases.. :confused:

just the cost of us moving (which we had NO intent on doing) will cost us $30k (the repairs to the house/Realtor fees/escrow etc) and then the stress this has put on our whole family.. my youngest is afraid to even leave her window open in her room.. and has started having "accidents" in her pants!

The dogs keep chasing our cats, and bark/growl at us (which I have on video) I have more then enough evidence that it shouldn't be a hard case I would assume.. I even have the guys own admission to the sheriff's when asked if he was involved in an altercation with my husband he replied "yeah the F-er deserves it".. and also said.. "it was all I could do to not run over there and attack him".. the sheriff asked if he was aware that this was in violation of his restraining order he said he knew, but that he just gets so angry at my husband, he doesn't care!

I have 3 young girls.. I homeschool them, we are extremely intimidated by this person. I have also been stalked and harassed in a grocery store by him.. and now carry a camera phone with me 100% of the time. this is insane to live like this meanwhile he just gets away with it!

I hope there is some recourse to this. I just don't know what else to do. I have asked for referrals for attorneys but nobody can tell me who to call! :(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">