• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Post Marriage Agreement To Make Wife Happy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mnwind

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

my wife would like to sign a contract with me stating that she will have all our asset and the custody of our daughter if I have an aldultery with another female in the rest of my life. she said that this will make her feel safe and happy.

I don't mind to sign such a 'contract' since I have confidence in myself to be loyal to her. my question is that what kind of process we need to take to make the agreement legal? Do we have to sign the contract in a lawyer's office?

Thank you very much for your information.

mnwind

Such a contract will NOT be upheld by a court. End of story.
why is that? She asked for this agreement, and I'm willing to sign. I'll do whatever to make her feel secure. We have a happy marriage. she is my first girl friend and then wife. I never have anything to do with another woman except her.

She thinks that I'm smart and will be sucessful and rich some day, and successful men will have affairs with other ladies sooner or later. that is her logic and I would like to do something to relieve her from such kind of thought.

ProSeDadinMD

my wife would like to sign a contract with me stating that she will have all our asset and the custody of our daughter if I have an aldultery with another female in the rest of my life. she said that this will make her feel safe and happy.
Out of curiousity, would she sign such a contract about her committing adultery?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
why is that? She asked for this agreement, and I'm willing to sign. I'll do whatever to make her feel secure. We have a happy marriage. she is my first girl friend and then wife. I never have anything to do with another woman except her.

She thinks that I'm smart and will be sucessful and rich some day, and successful men will have affairs with other ladies sooner or later. that is her logic and I would like to do something to relieve her from such kind of thought.
For dozens of reasons. Custody for one can NEVER be predetermined by a prenup or other agreement PRIOR to a divorce separation agreement.

mnwind

For dozens of reasons. Custody for one can NEVER be predetermined by a prenup or other agreement PRIOR to a divorce separation agreement.
This is helpful. How about property? in the agreement, can we state that "all our asset will belong to her if I had an affair with anothe lady in the future"?

ProSeDadinMD

No, she won't. this is for me, man only. she thinks that it is one way to spoil her and show my love.
Honestly, it shouldn't take something like that to let her know that you love her.

If you signed something like this, which as Og stated is not legally binding anyway, what would you have to sign the next time she feels needy?

Sounds to me(just opinion, not legal in any way) like she would really be able to use sex as a weapon...

mnwind

She's asking you to jump out of a 40 story window. My advice is to let her do it first.
I understand your comment. she thinks that she is weak and needs protection; but I'm strong and can handle any situation so I don't need such protection. I've tried my best to spoil her and make her feel good in daily life. I want her to stop worrying. she is such a nice but insecure lady.

Bali Hai

I understand your comment. she thinks that she is weak and needs protection;

Don't fall for it.

but I'm strong and can handle any situation so I don't need such protection. I've tried my best to spoil her and make her feel good in daily life. I want her to stop worrying. she is such a nice but insecure lady.
She needs a FULL time job so she can stand on her own two feet if what she is worried about ever actually happens. And now is the time to start working!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">