• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

power of attorney/child custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skyy

What is the name of your state? CA
We are currently in CA, but stepdaughter is in DE where custody arrangements were made.

My husband has joint legal custody of my stepdaughter but is serving duty overseas. I have a general power of attorney. May I file for a change of custody for him, emergency custody, or at least, enforce our visitation until he gets back?

Briefly: We've only seen stepdaughter about 8 days in the last 14 months (husband has been gone for a while, but mother doesn't like daughter calling me "mommy", too.) Child is acting out in school. Mother refused to enroll in school or take to doctor. Child lives with mother on paper but with another relative in real life and is experiencing psychological problems. There's a lot of drama in this child's life that she doesn't need to see. I have no intention of removing the mother from her life, but she is not fulfilling her duties to this child right now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">