• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Practicing alcoholic wants divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntonioD

Alc/Div

They said she could hit him. But she was arrested and charged with 128.013 Ci and 432B.150 Ci (whatever the hell that is) after an extensive interview with my son and CPS. Her parents bailed her out and she's staying with them.

AntonioD

Alc/Div

I have a further question, if I may... She's out and about, admits to having an affair with her boss, came in the house and woke me up the other morning by hitting me in the face with her hand positioned like a gun saying "Next time it won't be a finger", grabbed my wallet and made off with my credit card. Ok, TPO then permanent, but in the mean time what measure physically can I take legally to respond if she hits me again? I have no need to inflict harm unless she has a weapon, just restrain. Can I restrain her and can I tie her up or handcuff her until police arrive? I can respond with deadly force if necessary, right? What if she brings her boss to my home, can I do something to him?

LdiJ

I have a further question, if I may... She's out and about, admits to having an affair with her boss, came in the house and woke me up the other morning by hitting me in the face with her hand positioned like a gun saying "Next time it won't be a finger", grabbed my wallet and made off with my credit card. Ok, TPO then permanent, but in the mean time what measure physically can I take legally to respond if she hits me again? I have no need to inflict harm unless she has a weapon, just restrain. Can I restrain her and can I tie her up or handcuff her until police arrive? I can respond with deadly force if necessary, right? What if she brings her boss to my home, can I do something to him?
Whoa, Whoa, Whoa.....

Your children need at least ONE of their parents. If safety is an issue change the locks on the house. However you CANNOT tie her up or cuff her and do not even be contemplating the notion of deadly force.

AntonioD

Alc/Divorce

Ok, divorce is in the works. I'm looking and saving for a new place. Does she or her father have any grounds to make me leave in the mean time? After divorce is final?

LdiJ

Ok, divorce is in the works. I'm looking and saving for a new place. Does she or her father have any grounds to make me leave in the mean time? After divorce is final?
Her father can evict you since its his property. However he would have to do so legally which would take a month or two. She can also ask the judge to award her temporary possession of the marital home, and might well be granted that again, since its her father's property.

AntonioD

Divorcing an Alcoholic

We have been here 8 years, rent free. She has essentially moved out and occasionally drops in to sleep and change clothes & go to work. A background check reveals she has a new address, and she has admitted to her new relationship. She ignores the kids for the most part, never calling to say where she is or when she'll see them next. She did however call last night saying she's taking the parenting class required for divorce & that she be "home" after that. Never showed up, never called the kids. She even changed her # twice, so the kids couldn't call her if they wanted to. Does she have any right to kick me out, or does it have to be her father, the property owner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">