• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pre-foreclosure workshop

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

razorxtr

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WI

I would like to learn and possibly start investing in property.
I have an opportunity to attend a pre-foreclosure and short sale workshop, i have never attended one so am asking for advice from you experts.

The price for this workshop is about 3k for 24 hours.(spread over 3 days)
Supposed to show you where to get the foreclosure listings, how to analyze the properties, Get investors started, provide private investor $$$ to get started and provide one year coaching.

Is this worth it?
Any advice you can give me to get some of this information without dishing out 3k, how did you guys start???What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Is this worth it?
Any advice you can give me to get some of this information without dishing out 3k, how did you guys start???What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
NO it is not worth it. You can find about foreclosed properties by contacting the local courts and finding out what properties are to be auctioned. That will be $1000 please. Send it to my PM account. Okay?

Some Random Guy

The era of no risk flipping is over. Welcome to the real world.

Before you "invest" $3000 in a 3 day workshop, ask yourself the following?

1. Do you have EXTENSIVE construction / remodelling experience?
2. Can you walk into a foreclosed house with mold, broken doors/windows, holes in the walls and a leaky roof and provide a good estimate that day of the repair cost?
3. Are you or do you have access to licensed electricians and plumbers?
4. Do you have money to invest alongside your private investors?

Don't bother with 3K on how to get in on the prime pre-foreclosures. Pre-foreclosures are for when the market was hot and you needed to get in on a property before anyone else heard about it. The market is flooded with ACTUAL foreclosures now. You will have your pick of homes that are selling at a 20-40% discount to last year's prices.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">