• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pregnant fiance being forced to leave the UK....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justalayman

I have a question for the more educated in this area members:

OP stated female visitor miscarried 1 week prior to leaving England and was still bleeding when she left. OP states that a couple weeks after that period, it was discovered female visitor was pregnant (and the current period of 6 months into the current pregnancy supports it was conceived during the short period female visitor was in England), my oddly curious mind is a bit put off by the fact of the timing would mean that the OP and female visitor engaged in sexual relations sometime in that week after the miscarriage and before the female visitor had actually stopped bleeding so, the question is:

what are the chances of impregnation during that one week after the miscarriage?

and how would a woman view having sexual relations so close after the miscarriage?

I have a question for the more educated in this area members:

OP stated female visitor miscarried 1 week prior to leaving England and was still bleeding when she left. OP states that a couple weeks after that period, it was discovered female visitor was pregnant (and the current period of 6 months into the current pregnancy supports it was conceived during the short period female visitor was in England), my oddly curious mind is a bit put off by the fact of the timing would mean that the OP and female visitor engaged in sexual relations sometime in that week after the miscarriage and before the female visitor had actually stopped bleeding so, the question is:

what are the chances of impregnation during that one week after the miscarriage?

and how would a woman view having sexual relations so close after the miscarriage?

Slim at best, for the first question. I'd go as far as "none", but strange things happen.

It varies, for the second question.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I know someone who, at least according to her, got pregnant during her period.

Odd things happen.

justalayman

CurrentlyUndone;3215537]Slim at best, for the first question. I'd go as far as "none", but strange things happen.
that is what I was thinking as well. From my understanding, since the pregnancy was very early and a woman typically ceases ovulation during pregnancy, the ovum involved in this pregnancy would be an oddity in itself. Then, since she was still in the throws of the miscarriage, the fertilized ovum implanting into the uterus would be surely out of the ordinary. Then why would a woman even suspect being pregnant so soon after a miscarriage that she would bother to check to determine whether she was pregnant or not?

I would have to agree with the OP';s statement that this pregnancy was somewhat of a miracle.

and a bit suspicious overall.

It varies, for the second question
.since being the male part of a couple that also experienced a miscarriage, I thought it insensitive at least to engage in copulation so soon after the initial issue. Just curious as to what others felt about it.

that is what I was thinking as well. From my understanding, since the pregnancy was very early and a woman typically ceases ovulation during pregnancy, the ovum involved in this pregnancy would be an oddity in itself. Then, since she was still in the throws of the miscarriage, the fertilized ovum implanting into the uterus would be surely out of the ordinary. Then why would a woman even suspect being pregnant so soon after a miscarriage that she would bother to check to determine whether she was pregnant or not?

I would have to agree with the OP';s statement that this pregnancy was somewhat of a miracle.

and a bit suspicious overall.

.since being the male part of a couple that also experienced a miscarriage, I thought it insensitive at least to engage in copulation so soon after the initial issue. Just curious as to what others felt about it.

It's going to depend on how the couple is dealing with the grief. Some will believe that being intimate will help a great deal. Others might take the "Don't you dare come near me with that thing right now" stance.

ecmst12

The only possibility I can see is that they THOUGHT she was miscarrying because of the bleeding, but in fact she never miscarried at all and the pregnancy she is currently carrying is the original one. It is possible to have bleeding, even very heavy bleeding, in early pregnancy and still not lose the pregnancy. But I find it pretty much impossible that she conceived a brand new pregnancy while in the middle of miscarrying a previous one, even if they had sex during that week.

The other possibility is that she got pregnant from someone else after she got home.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">