• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pressured sales, repairs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cvxx

What is the name of your state? IL

If they put on parts I no longer want and they continue to avoid me and put them on anyway. Would I be able to refuse to pay for those parts?

As I've given them enough time to know I bo longer want them

I thought the deal sounded good with discounts and parts lifetime warranty at any of their affiliated repair shops. I told them the quote with discounts $3,072.00 sounded real good. At first they were throwing out crazy numbers $35,000, $6,000. I felt like they were rushing me to get the repairs done. They told me they wouldn't let me leave in the condition my vehicle was in. It has bad wheel bearing front, one rotary was hot, another had a crack. It's a 2008 Chrysler can. No other mechanics said anything months before and were cheap. I went to a Mavis repair shop. I was okay with new tires , and certain other parts they specified to put on. Today I learned they put on two parts already by the local shop wouldn't tell me which ones. I emailed their website stating I don't want the new tires and a couple of other parts. The local shop said they would get back to me by phone. It's been over an hour and no return calls. I also contacted their toll-free service number

quincy

What is the name of your state? IL

If they put on parts I no longer want and they continue to avoid me and put them on anyway. Would I be able to refuse to pay for those parts?

As I've given them enough time to know I bo longer want them

I thought the deal sounded good with discounts and parts lifetime warranty at any of their affiliated repair shops. I told them the quote with discounts $3,072.00 sounded real good. At first they were throwing out crazy numbers $35,000, $6,000. I felt like they were rushing me to get the repairs done. They told me they wouldn't let me leave in the condition my vehicle was in. It has bad wheel bearing front, one rotary was hot, another had a crack. It's a 2008 Chrysler can. No other mechanics said anything months before and were cheap. I went to a Mavis repair shop. I was okay with new tires , and certain other parts they specified to put on. Today I learned they put on two parts already by the local shop wouldn't tell me which ones. I emailed their website stating I don't want the new tires and a couple of other parts. The local shop said they would get back to me by phone. It's been over an hour and no return calls. I also contacted their toll-free service number
Did you sign anything that signaled you wanted the repairs?

cvxx

Nope I didn't sign anything. It was all word of mouth.

Although , it seemed to work out as the quote now is $2,600

Whew!! They did add the new tires valued at $600 total. The wheel bearings and the

Even after all that they were trying to tell me I needed to add the struts and springs. Which was over $1000.

I emailed and called customer service. The local shop finally called me near noon and told me they could do the 2600. And discard other parts that weren't added. They told me I need to have the money upfront to get car back.

I feel better now it's under $3000. Still the parts and labor seem over priced

I guess it was kinda worth it but will go with my cheaper parts mechanic next time.

Bali Hai Again

Whew!! They did add the new tires valued at $600 total. The wheel bearings and the

Even after all that they were trying to tell me I needed to add the struts and springs. Which was over $1000.

I emailed and called customer service. The local shop finally called me near noon and told me they could do the 2600. And discard other parts that weren't added. They told me I need to have the money upfront to get car back.

I guess it was kinda worth it but will go with my cheaper parts mechanic next time.
Good for you! Hopefully the repairs last a long time. It would be difficult to replace that car for $2600.

quincy

I am happy everything seems to have worked out as well as it has for you. Thank you for the update.

xylene

You got a lot of work for 2600 bucks.

You might have to recalibrate what you expect car repairs to cost. Wages and parts have been hit hard by inflation

quincy

You got a lot of work for 2600 bucks.

You might have to recalibrate what you expect car repairs to cost. Wages and parts have been hit hard by inflation
Parts for the 2008 Chrysler probably are not that expensive. Most parts are readily available. It will be labor that ratchets up the final cost.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">