• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Primary residence designated within county, but I want to move

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I'm still waiting on where the other child's father is. He may be another wrinkle in her plans.

micmlr

My guess? He's about 170 miles away from where she lives now.

Or wait . . .

Maybe that that's where daddy of her NEXT baby lives . . .
gosh, a little harsh, are we? i dont know what kind of person you think I am.
it's all hypothetical anyways. I would move if I could, I guess I can't at this time so I have to wait. Yes, I have a long distance relationship of over a year & 1/2 with someone in a place that would be great to live. I would take both my children with me and let the father's have visitation, extended holidays, etc. I just don't have the $ right now to go to court regarding the county/mile restriction set in my decree.. obviously there is nothing I can do.

[/QUOTE]
I'm still waiting on where the other child's father is. He may be another wrinkle in her plans.

My daughters father actually said he would move to a near-by town if we moved out of this city. That would not be a factor.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
gosh, a little harsh, are we? i dont know what kind of person you think I am.
it's all hypothetical anyways. I would move if I could, I guess I can't at this time so I have to wait. Yes, I have a long distance relationship of over a year & 1/2 with someone in a place that would be great to live. I would take both my children with me and let the father's have visitation, extended holidays, etc. I just don't have the $ right now to go to court regarding the county/mile restriction set in my decree.. obviously there is nothing I can do.
So actually this is about your lover and not about your children but the children make a great excuse so you can be with the love. Got it. But not going to happen. You would LET the fathers have visitation? Ummm, how about they LET you have visitation? You really believe that you are in charge here if you think YOU can give permission -- well, you are wrong.

How about your lover move to you?

ETA: I was right. This is about a new bed buddy.

Last edited:

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Lady, if he's all that into you, he'll move to where you are.

Stop chasing men and focus on the children - juggling visitation schedules with 2 dads should be enough to keep anyone busy.

MichaCA

I agree, put the children before the boyfriend.

As a very general rule of thumb when considering (requesting)a moveaway...consider if you cannot afford all or most of the transportation for the kids to maintain as much of a visitation schedule as possible...then don't move. Cause you would be asked to pay.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">