• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

privacy protection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

iamgrootnum7

hi i want to know, if say somebody who is sober, gave their facebook account password to you for no reason.

one day u got to know that the person is tarnishing your name. you remembered that the person gave you his password, u want to search in his msgs to check what u heard is true or not. is it wrong ?

justalayman

First you situation itself is suspect. Why would a person provide you with their password for no reason what so ever. That kind of defeats the purpose of having a password.

Then your question itself; is it wrong?

Are you referring to morally, legally (civilly), or legally (criminally)?

Then you also chose to ignore the question posed to you which is what state this involves.

I don't know what you are digging into somebody else's Facebook page for though. Sounds like your mother needs to ground you from using electronic devices. All in all every scenario I can imagine is based on immature children though.

quincy

hi i want to know, if say somebody who is sober, gave their facebook account password to you for no reason.

one day u got to know that the person is tarnishing your name. you remembered that the person gave you his password, u want to search in his msgs to check what u heard is true or not. is it wrong ?
First, we need the name of your state.

How is this person tarnishing your name (what have you been told) and why do you think this person is doing such a thing?

I find it difficult to believe that somebody would hand over their account password for no reason at all. Please give your best guess as to why this person gave it to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">