• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Private Communication Breach

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jorton56

What is the name of your state? KS
Can someone please tell me where to look for rules or regulations regarding a privacy violation by a Federal pharmacist.
This is a federal worker that disclosed communication w/another worker regarding another worker that approached this pharmacist for advice on medications she was taking. By telling this other worker, word spread regarding the this worker's diagnosis and has caused her undue ridicule by staff.
I cannot find where it says that even if this pharmacist is not the one who dispenses the meds it is still a privacy violation. Is this under HIPAA? or?

lealea1005

What is the name of your state? KS
Can someone please tell me where to look for rules or regulations regarding a privacy violation by a Federal pharmacist.
This is a federal worker that disclosed communication w/another worker regarding another worker that approached this pharmacist for advice on medications she was taking. By telling this other worker, word spread regarding the this worker's diagnosis and has caused her undue ridicule by staff.
I cannot find where it says that even if this pharmacist is not the one who dispenses the meds it is still a privacy violation. Is this under HIPAA? or?

Your post is confusing (although it has been a long day and I'm tired)...try www.hipaa.org

Last edited:
G

Gevalia

Worker A asked Worker B (a pharmacist) for advice regarding some medications she was taking. Worker B disclosed to Worker C that Worker A is taking these meds, which exposed Worker A to ridicule and gossip by Workers D through Z.

ellencee

No professional relationship existed; no HIPAA violation.

The pharmacist is not a covered entity; no HIPAA violation.

No information shared information was protected by HIPAA.

No HIPAA violation, whatsoever, at all.

EC

lealea1005

Worker A asked Worker B (a pharmacist) for advice regarding some medications she was taking. Worker B disclosed to Worker C that Worker A is taking these meds, which exposed Worker A to ridicule and gossip by Workers D through Z.

Thanks for sorting that out. :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">