• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

probation for drug charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jean777

What is the name of your state? Nevada
My 16 yr old son was arrested a little over a year ago while living with his father in NV. He was placed on probation in NV but within a month he returned home to me in CA. He was arrested for less than a half of a joint and drug paraphernalia which is a felony in NV. His PO wanted him to be in a drug program here in CA. If he had been arrested in CA the charge is a $100 fine, period. We went twice a week for group therapy and a one on one counseling for over 3 months. My son went back to NV to see his father in August. He was at a party that was raided by the police. He blew a .005 on P.B.T. Now I have received notification I have to bring my son to court in NV for probation violation. My son is afraid that they may put him in jail and I myself do not want to take him to this court hearing because of what they may do to him. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

G

gooberitiz

How about your son learning to BE A MAN, and take responsibilty for his drug usage.

So what if he has to go to jail, how many times do you let him off...untill he gets behind the wheel of car and KILLS 5 people cause he's stoned out of his mind.

calatty

His alternative to keeping his court date and dealing with the violation of probation is to just not show up. Then the court will issue an arrest warrant, which will stay in the system until he is caught.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">