• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rachel3790

What is the name of your state? Virginia
Ok i have a boyfriend who went on probation for 4 yrs in Ny state for beating up a guy for taking his money. About 6 months after going on probation we moved to Virginia with approval. Well it's been 3yrs now that's he's been on probation. About 1 month ago he got a DUI (4 beer) on his way home and was through in jail. When he was convicted of the DUI and given weekends his PO told him he was in violation of his probation and put him in jail. I'm just wondering if anyone knows what will happen next? How long he will be in jail, will they extradite him to NY or keep him in jail at all. About 2 weeks before the DUI his PO told him she was sending a letter to NY to get him out of the once a month visits. Do you think that will help his case? (Since this all happened he has stopped drinking all together) YEA...

S

seniorjudge

rachel3790 said:
What is the name of your state? Virginia
Ok i have a boyfriend who went on probation for 4 yrs in Ny state for beating up a guy for taking his money. About 6 months after going on probation we moved to Virginia with approval. Well it's been 3yrs now that's he's been on probation. About 1 month ago he got a DUI (4 beer) on his way home and was through in jail. When he was convicted of the DUI and given weekends his PO told him he was in violation of his probation and put him in jail. I'm just wondering if anyone knows what will happen next? How long he will be in jail, will they extradite him to NY or keep him in jail at all. About 2 weeks before the DUI his PO told him she was sending a letter to NY to get him out of the once a month visits. Do you think that will help his case? (Since this all happened he has stopped drinking all together) YEA...
"...I'm just wondering if anyone knows what will happen next?..."
He should ask his probation officer.

"...About 2 weeks before the DUI his PO told him she was sending a letter to NY to get him out of the once a month visits. Do you think that will help his case?..."
She's already written a second letter saying forget the first letter.

rachel3790

probation violation

His probation office isn't very nice she won't let me talk to her at all. I called to talk to her once and she told me i wasn't allowed to call her only he was so i'm kind of scared to call her this time. Well i figured the wouldn't take him off monthly visits but i'm wondering i've heard they will consider his history since he's been on probation that they will look at the fact she had just requested him taken off and he'd been good for 3yrs that they might be lighter on him. I'm also wondering if they might extradite him back to Ny..? Ok well thank you

S

seniorjudge

rachel3790 said:
His probation office isn't very nice she won't let me talk to her at all. I called to talk to her once and she told me i wasn't allowed to call her only he was so i'm kind of scared to call her this time. Well i figured the wouldn't take him off monthly visits but i'm wondering i've heard they will consider his history since he's been on probation that they will look at the fact she had just requested him taken off and he'd been good for 3yrs that they might be lighter on him. I'm also wondering if they might extradite him back to Ny..? Ok well thank you
Re-read my post.

"...He should ask his probation officer...."

rachel3790

At this point i can't talk to him at all. He hasn't called me and we agreed i would wait for him because we don't want to bring my daughter to the jail. So i don't know if he can contact her or not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">