• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

problems with pretrial deferrment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

megahoboriffic

What is the name of your state? Florida

I was arrested on nov 9th 2005 for misdemeanor carrying a concealed weapon, later entered the misdemeanor intervention program and the case was dismissed. i am currently seeking to have it expunged. i have not been able to get a job with any employer that performs a background check since i was arrested. i just got my bachelors degree in may and the only job i've been able to get is at an IHOP that hires people too fast to bother with background checks. everytime i've applied elsewhere i've told my interviewer about my arrest and how i keep being denied employment because of it, and they say it's no problem, of course, but then they call me a couple weeks later and say i was denied and they don't know why. a friend of mine that is a dept. supervisor at walmart says that many people he knows that he has tried to help find employment at walmart that went through pretrial diversion have been systematically denied as well. i've still got probably 7 or 8 months until my expungement goes through as my life is slowly being ruined for no visible reason. does anyone know what i can do so that i can be hired, anywhere?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">