• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Processing a Claim - Time Limit?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

enjay

What is the name of your state? Maryland

My son had a dental appointment on July 14. He had his last two baby teeth extracted as well as the standard routine stuff. The claim was submitted immediately and rejected on July 28 because the insurance company (United Health Care) claimed that they did not have a copy of the dentist's current license.

On July 28 (I check my claims online) I contacted the dentist's office who faxed a copy of the license to the appropriate office at United. I called today to check the claim and was told that legally they now have 30 days to process the claim and that is an industry regulation.

Is that true? It ticks me off that they literally denied the claim the day after it hit their system but can now take their sweet time getting it taken care of.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
30 days is not unreasonable. It only takes moments to see if the license is on file; it isn't necessarily that fast to process a claim.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">