• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

professional on this forum?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rppearso

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AK

Are there actually licenced professionals on this site or is it just other people with opinions. I find that detailed legal advice is lacking here and only statements of the obvious are made.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AK

Are there actually licenced professionals on this site or is it just other people with opinions. I find that detailed legal advice is lacking here and only statements of the obvious are made.
Did you read the TOS?

While there are attorneys that nicely take their time to volunteer here, most of the members are educated laymen that have had similar situation as you. Lack of a JD doesn't make the advice wrong, but no one here would advise against you PAYING for legal advice with a local attorney.

rppearso

Did you read the TOS?

While there are attorneys that nicely take their time to volunteer here, most of the members are educated laymen that have had similar situation as you. Lack of a JD doesn't make the advice wrong, but no one here would advise against you PAYING for legal advice with a local attorney.
Ok I just wanted to confirm as I have been getting really snotty replys to some of my posts that is not consistant with professional behavior and have reported several posts and ended up having one of my own threads locked, this is not consistant with professional behavior. One may not like my opinion on a matter but I am looking for non objective information without someones personal opinion inserted all I ask is that if they can not refrain from inserting snotty personal opinions into their posts they should not reply.

tranquility

What do you think you'd get from a licensed professional?

You have been advised exactly what needed to be done to "solve" the problem. Not with the precision to acutally go into court and argue the facts which are not known by anyone here, but what your attorney will need to argue. It was also told you in detail that there are not any other solutions which don't involve crimes or sanctions by the court. The "snotty replies" are from people who saw you were given the correct answer and yet you continue to express a desire for something else.

No "professional" can advise you over the internet without a substantial review of the facts. It cannot be done even if you are paying a fee. You are not.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
This OP is the bed-warmer who doesn't like the advice she received (some of which came from an actual family law attorney)

rppearso

What do you think you'd get from a licensed professional?

You have been advised exactly what needed to be done to "solve" the problem. Not with the precision to acutally go into court and argue the facts which are not known by anyone here, but what your attorney will need to argue. It was also told you in detail that there are not any other solutions which don't involve crimes or sanctions by the court.
Does anyone know of any links to various states child support calculators or case law on cases where support was dramaticly reduced. I hear of these horror stories and wonder if the NCP is really doing everything they can to fight/force the issue and that is why they are getting burned?

proud_parent

Ok I just wanted to confirm as I have been getting really snotty replys to some of my posts that is not consistant with professional behavior and have reported several posts and ended up having one of my own threads locked, this is not consistant with professional behavior. One may not like my opinion on a matter but I am looking for non objective information without someones personal opinion inserted all I ask is that if they can not refrain from inserting snotty personal opinions into their posts they should not reply.
Also from the TOS:

You agree that all material you post becomes the property of FreeAdvice, and FreeAdvice has the right to remove, edit, move or close any posting or thread at any time for any reason, at its discretion.

Antigone*

Does anyone know of any links to various states child support calculators or case law on cases where support was dramaticly reduced. I hear of these horror stories and wonder if the NCP is really doing everything they can to fight/force the issue and that is why they are getting burned?
Google is your friend:D

http://tinyurl.com/yc527qr

Last edited:

rppearso

Ok so then what is the point of this forum, to just state the obvious and make snotty remarks? I noticed similar postings when I was in the military threads about getting out of the military and it looks like they have cleaned up the unprofessional behavior there, unfortunatly it appears no one posts there anymore, so it looks like the statement of dont say anything if you dont have something nice to say is working in the military thread unfortunatly no one has anything productive or nice to say at all especially in regards to helping people get out that dont want to be there anymore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">