• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Prostitution, clients, and those who hire prostitutes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

babyowl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida.

I am a student and studying in Criminal Justice. I would like to know:What is the punishment for the clients of prostitutes? What is the punishment for those who hire prostitutes? I find the information about the prostitution punishment but cannot find the information for the two above questions. Can you help me out? And include the website where I can obtain this information.

justalayman

sure hope your research skills improve as you go through your program. It took me about 30 seconds to come up with this.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0700-0799/0796/Sections/0796.07.html

Proserpina

Y'know, I think the goal of doing your homework is to ... well, y'know ... do it yourself.

Not to go to a legal forum to ask the question.

justalayman

Y'know, I think the goal of doing your homework is to ... well, y'know ... do it yourself.

I figure if I help them a lot, they will not actually learn anything and will not learn how to research either. That means that although they may get through school, once out in the real world, they will fall on their face.

I know, it's a dirty trick.:D

HomeGuru

I figure if I help them a lot, they will not actually learn anything and will not learn how to research either. That means that although they may get through school, once out in the real world, they will fall on their face.

**A: nice trick.

OHRoadwarrior

Of course you live in Florida, which has its laws, however, in some other countries and in sections of one state, it is perfectly legal.

Proserpina

I applaud thee!

I'll make you an extra special batch of crumpets for that. And I bet cbg will provide some lovely peach jam, too! :D

babyowl

I am not asking them for the answer but to get information on where I can look because all the websites that I have seen was not that clear on the information.

justalayman

well, since what you were asking was simply: what is in the law, that should have given you a huge clue that by reading the Florida statutes, you would be able to find the answer you were looking for. Unless you are a first year student, you might want to re-think your major.

A very simple source of what the laws of any state contain would be the laws of that state. Most, if not all, states have theirs available online.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">