• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Providing Alcohol to Minors Charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Crusader21

Hello,

I am from La Crosse, WI and me and my three roommates had a small get together in our apartment the other night. We were quiet enough and being respectful the whole night. However, our neighbors, we live in a 4 apartment building, had the police at their party. Everyone at our apartment, including me and my roommates, were underage and drinking. After a little bit, the cops came and started knocking on our door and shining their lights in our windows. We didn't answer the door and waiting until they were gone to tell everyone to leave. The cops left our apartment but were waiting further down our alley. They caught 3 people and gave them underage drinking tickets. They later told us that they saw these three leave from our apartment, so that's how they know where they came from. Later the night, the cops came back to our place and starting knocking and ringing our doorbell for about 5 minutes straight, but we still didn't answer because we were unsure as to what would happen. The next day, the cop came back to talk to all the roommates. He said they saw the three people who got tickets come out of our apartment and that we were responsible for them. We each received a ticket for "SALE/FURNISH MALT BEV TO UNDERAGE x3" with a fine of $909.00 per person. First off, how can I provide alcohol to a minor if I'm a minor too? Secondly, we found the three who received tickets and under the "At Location" portion on their underages, it stated the address next to ours. If the cops said they saw them come out of our apartment, why would they write the wrong address down? Can this be used to help us? Our court date is Oct. 10 and we were wondering if there is anything we can do to get the fine reduced or what we should do in court.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Silverplum

Hello,

I am from La Crosse, WI and me and my three roommates had a small get together in our apartment the other night. We were quiet enough and being respectful the whole night. However, our neighbors, we live in a 4 apartment building, had the police at their party. Everyone at our apartment, including me and my roommates, were underage and drinking. After a little bit, the cops came and started knocking on our door and shining their lights in our windows. We didn't answer the door and waiting until they were gone to tell everyone to leave. The cops left our apartment but were waiting further down our alley. They caught 3 people and gave them underage drinking tickets. They later told us that they saw these three leave from our apartment, so that's how they know where they came from. Later the night, the cops came back to our place and starting knocking and ringing our doorbell for about 5 minutes straight, but we still didn't answer because we were unsure as to what would happen. The next day, the cop came back to talk to all the roommates. He said they saw the three people who got tickets come out of our apartment and that we were responsible for them. We each received a ticket for "SALE/FURNISH MALT BEV TO UNDERAGE x3" with a fine of $909.00 per person.
Sounds about right.

Crusader21 said:
First off, how can I provide alcohol to a minor if I'm a minor too?
Dumb question. :rolleyes:

Crusader21 said:
Secondly, we found the three who received tickets and under the "At Location" portion on their underages, it stated the address next to ours. If the cops said they saw them come out of our apartment, why would they write the wrong address down? Can this be used to help us? Our court date is Oct. 10 and we were wondering if there is anything we can do to get the fine reduced or what we should do in court.

Thanks!
I'm still getting over your first question.

Antigone*

Hello,

I am from La Crosse, WI and me and my three roommates had a small get together in our apartment the other night. We were quiet enough and being respectful the whole night. However, our neighbors, we live in a 4 apartment building, had the police at their party. Everyone at our apartment, including me and my roommates, were underage and drinking. After a little bit, the cops came and started knocking on our door and shining their lights in our windows. We didn't answer the door and waiting until they were gone to tell everyone to leave. The cops left our apartment but were waiting further down our alley. They caught 3 people and gave them underage drinking tickets. They later told us that they saw these three leave from our apartment, so that's how they know where they came from. Later the night, the cops came back to our place and starting knocking and ringing our doorbell for about 5 minutes straight, but we still didn't answer because we were unsure as to what would happen. The next day, the cop came back to talk to all the roommates. He said they saw the three people who got tickets come out of our apartment and that we were responsible for them. We each received a ticket for "SALE/FURNISH MALT BEV TO UNDERAGE x3" with a fine of $909.00 per person. First off, how can I provide alcohol to a minor if I'm a minor too? Secondly, we found the three who received tickets and under the "At Location" portion on their underages, it stated the address next to ours. If the cops said they saw them come out of our apartment, why would they write the wrong address down? Can this be used to help us? Our court date is Oct. 10 and we were wondering if there is anything we can do to get the fine reduced or what we should do in court.

Thanks!

What do you mean how can a minor supply to a minor - How completely stupid is that. You make a conscious decision to break the law, that's how.

What should you do - get an attorney.

Crusader21

Cool, so I thought that this site was to help give and receive legal advice, not criticize and troll.

Please allow me to clarify. Every at the party was underage but my roommates and I were not drinking. There were probably only like 5-10 who were drinking at this point.

Please reply only with advice useful to the situation.

OHRoadwarrior

You broke the law and were cited for it. Call mommy and daddy, tell them you were a bad boy and need them to forget the car they were buying you for Xmas cause you need a lawyer.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Cool, so I thought that this site was to help give and receive legal advice, not criticize and troll.

Please allow me to clarify. Every at the party was underage but my roommates and I were not drinking. There were probably only like 5-10 who were drinking at this point.

Please clarify...

Are you looking for accurate advice? Or are you looking for advice that will help you get out of the boatload of crap that you got yourselves in to?

swalsh411

You shouldn't have talked to the cops the next day either. You probably admitted to it. You learned a valuable lesson and it only cost you $909. Next time don't talk to the police.

Crusader21

You broke the law and were cited for it. Call mommy and daddy, tell them you were a bad boy and need them to forget the car they were buying you for Xmas cause you need a lawyer.
That's not a problem when daddy is one of the best lawyers in the state ;)

I'm not asking to get out of it. I'm seeing how I can go about maybe getting the fine reduced to even just one count.

And as for the underages not matching up with our address, does this mean anything at all?

Antigone*

That's not a problem when daddy is one of the best lawyers in the state ;)

I'm not asking to get out of it. I'm seeing how I can go about maybe getting the fine reduced to even just one count.

And as for the underages not matching up with our address, does this mean anything at all?
Daddy is one of the "best" lawyers in the state and his spawn is on this website seeking advice - BS on that one big time

As for your other questions, go ask daddy:rolleyes:

Funsuckers this early in the morning, peeps!!! Where the heck is tranq, I need a double!

Silverplum

Being told the truth is the best thing that's happened to you in at least a week. :rolleyes:

Crusader21 said:
Why did you state in your first post that you and your roommates were drinking, and now you state you were not?

Do you think that matters?

Do you think we buy your silly story that your father is "one of the best attorneys in the state?"

:rolleyes:

Crusader21 said:
Again: being told the truth is the best thing that's happened to you in at least a week. :rolleyes:

Gail in Georgia

" Me and my roommates had a small get together in our apartment the other night."

"There were probably only like 5-10 who were drinking at this point."

"Everyone at our apartment, including me and my roommates, were underage and drinking."

"Everyone at the party was underage but my roommates and I were not drinking."

"We were quiet enough and being respectful the whole night".

Sure.

Gail

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">