• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Proving DOLA, and re-aging from CRAs, many ??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Arizona

All Accts/info below opened living in Florida; moved to AZ in 2001

FIRST INCIDENT

Last used a Swiss Colony & Ginny's (sister companies) charge over December 1997.

Received demand for final payment in May 1998 I believe, OR, I have my years mixed up, and the date I last used the charges were December 96, and final payment demand was in May 97. (which I understand will also effect the DOLA, and drop off from CRAs)

FORWARD TO

2002, applied for mortgage, dates for the two above on our CRAs were older, and still had the 1997 or 1998 years - the lender questioned these, but, I distinctly told them, that all the companies did was send me "final notices" - EVEN when I requested a final bill so I could pay them off (which that I do remember.. LOL).

June 2004 - got on a "clean up our credit reports kick", so I pulled all of my husband's & my CRs, and noticed that 97 or 98 dates, so I started disputing tradelines, the 20+ incorrectly spelled addresses, etc.. that were on our reports.

Fast forward to December 2, 2004 when AZ residents could get freebie reports. I pulled mine, and now the DOLA states JUNE 2004 for these two charge accounts!!!!

I am highly pissed off about it.

1. By disputing these back in 6/04 did the CRA's reage these? NOTE: I canNOT find my CRs from 2002 mortgage and the ones I printed in June 04.

2. How do *I* PROVE these are being re-aged, since I cannot find any record of them? I have every record, receipt, etc dating back 7 years, I am totally anal about record-keeping, and I hold onto everything for 7 years.. BUT, I cannot find any reference to Swiss Colony or Ginnys. Therefore, by my own logical conclusion, these accounts are older than 7 years.

3. How do I get these OFF my CR? Should I send a validation letter to Swiss Colony or Ginnys, or instead validation letter to the CRA's?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SECOND INCIDENT

1. Husband's CRA has a collection agency balance for an old phone bill in 1998 - that was PAID to the OC - we HAD to pay it, in order for us to have the phone service; GTE was the only phone service available locally where we lived!! We PAID the OC back in 1998 - before it even went to collections. When I disputed this with the CRA's, I got nothing back - they still have it on there!

How do I get rid of this? The CRA's will not remove it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THIRD INCIDENT

1. How to remove old addresses? The CRA's refuse to remove all of our mispelled, old addresses from our credit reports. I've tried everything - from online disputing to letters - but they still do not remove them. The address could be one letter mispelling, however, they will NOT remove these. We have between us, probably 20 addresses! AND, they actually have a MILITARY address - and neither of us was in the Military! THIS is ridiculous!!

eg: correct: Shangri La Road

will state: Shangrila Rd, Shangre La Road, Shangri-la Road, etc...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FOURTH INCIDENT

1. College Loans. We each have college loans, now with William D. Ford/US Dept. of Education. Paying on time, monthly, current. However, previously the CL's were with collection agencies - who now are no longer valid, as all were sold / transferred over to the WDFord Program. (due to deferrment, back in school, etc...) However, on my husband's report - he has 2 prior CA's - both say "charged off with 0 balance"; and I have 1 prior CA again, says "charged off with 0 balance". How do I get these old CA's OFF our CR, since we are current and the WDFord program is the one that has our college loan?

Thanks for reading through these questions and incidents.

I've tried the creditinfocenter, and another Credit Repair forum that is advertised a lot here, but get sooo lost on those; AND, usually do NOT get responses over there.

If you can assit, or at least let me know where to start, much appreciated!

KH

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">