• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Psychologist Appointment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xKellyx

What is the name of your state?AL

I made an appointment with a psychologist for next week, the psychologist wants to see me only on the first appointment to talk about my concerns about my daughter and then she wants to see my daughter. My ex is supposed to pay for 1/2 of all uninsured medical expenses. SO I'm thinking he would have to pay half of this appointment even though my daughter isn't going, it is for her.

Here is the exact wording in my CO.

The Plaintiff shall keep the minor child insured under any plan available to him through his employer's health hospitalization, dental or optical and orthodontist care (which he has not done, but he has 1 week left to do it in) The parties shall 1/2 of any reasonable and necessary medical, dental , hospital, prescription drugs, optical and orthodontic expenses not covered by the insurance carrier or other expenses associated with the health care for the parties minor child within thirty (30) days if receiving copies of the expenses and/or invoices. The Mother is to present any outstanding expenses to the Father within thirty (30) days of receipt of the expenses.

Am I correct?

bononos

xKellyx said:
What is the name of your state?AL

I made an appointment with a psychologist for next week, the psychologist wants to see me only on the first appointment to talk about my concerns about my daughter and then she wants to see my daughter. My ex is supposed to pay for 1/2 of all uninsured medical expenses. SO I'm thinking he would have to pay half of this appointment even though my daughter isn't going, it is for her.

Here is the exact wording in my CO.

The Plaintiff shall keep the minor child insured under any plan available to him through his employer's health hospitalization, dental or optical and orthodontist care (which he has not done, but he has 1 week left to do it in) The parties shall 1/2 of any reasonable and necessary medical, dental , hospital, prescription drugs, optical and orthodontic expenses not covered by the insurance carrier or other expenses associated with the health care for the parties minor child within thirty (30) days if receiving copies of the expenses and/or invoices. The Mother is to present any outstanding expenses to the Father within thirty (30) days of receipt of the expenses.

Am I correct?

Psychologist...is it not covered under the insurance? Alot of companies do cover this, check into it.
If not, is the legal custody joint?
You will need his agreement for the counseling.
Plus, if he agrees, then IMO he should pay half as a necessary medical expense.
I wrote on your other post.
As I said, our son is in counseling, under his insurance, not mine. But, the first 5-6 sessions are just with us, the parents, not son. It will be under her insurance, not yours.

seniorjudge

SO I'm thinking he would have to pay half of this appointment even though my daughter isn't going, it is for her.

No; your bills are not covered in the judgment of the lawsuit; just the kid's.

xKellyx

seniorjudge said:
SO I'm thinking he would have to pay half of this appointment even though my daughter isn't going, it is for her.

No; your bills are not covered in the judgment of the lawsuit; just the kid's.

It isn't my bill, its my daughters, the psychologist wants to talk to all the parents involved first. Its to help my daughter not me.

seniorjudge

xKellyx said:
It isn't my bill, its my daughters, the psychologist wants to talk to all the parents involved first. Its to help my daughter not me.
Okay, so make sure the bill shows it is for the daughter.

Am I missing something here?

Maybe I am not answering your question.

xKellyx

seniorjudge said:
Okay, so make sure the bill shows it is for the daughter.

Am I missing something here?

Maybe I am not answering your question.

I called the psychologist to make an appointment for my daughter, she made the appointment, then called me back later saying she wanted to speak with me about my daughter and then she would make another appointment just to see my daughter. I'm not going for help, i'm going so my daughter can get help. I will ask the psychologist if my daughters name will be on the bill.

xKellyx

She also asked to speak to my daughter's dad, but I haven't asked him yet. So therefore there would be a bill for him going too and I think I should pay half of that one if he does go (i doubt he will)

rmet4nzkx

You owe for your appointment, he owes for 1/2 of his daughters if he consents to treatment if he doesn't you are responsible. DO you want your ex to have access to your therapy? If the Psychologist wants information for your daughter's assessment that can be done over the telephone.

bononos

bononos said:
Psychologist...is it not covered under the insurance? Alot of companies do cover this, check into it.
If not, is the legal custody joint?
You will need his agreement for the counseling.
Plus, if he agrees, then IMO he should pay half as a necessary medical expense.
I wrote on your other post.
As I said, our son is in counseling, under his insurance, not mine. But, the first 5-6 sessions are just with us, the parents, not son. It will be under her insurance, not yours.
Insurance?
Legal Custody?

xKellyx

rmet4nzkx said:
You owe for your appointment, he owes for 1/2 of his daughters if he consents to treatment if he doesn't you are responsible. DO you want your ex to have access to your therapy? If the Psychologist wants information for your daughter's assessment that can be done over the telephone.

It isn't therapy for me its for my daughter, but because she is only 2 going on 3 they need me to tell them whats going on with them....it has nothing to do with any issues i may or may not be having.

xKellyx

bononos said:
Insurance?
Legal Custody?

I have full custody, and i also hold the insurance on our daughter since he hasn't followed court orders yet to get insurance on her but he does have 1 week left to get it.

bononos

xKellyx said:
I have full custody, and i also hold the insurance on our daughter since he hasn't followed court orders yet to get insurance on her but he does have 1 week left to get it.
Sole Legal?
Does your insurance not have psychological coverage?

rmet4nzkx

xKellyx said:
It isn't therapy for me its for my daughter, but because she is only 2 going on 3 they need me to tell them whats going on with them....it has nothing to do with any issues i may or may not be having.
You pay for your therapy. You have not even told dad you are taking the child to a therapist to consent to therapy let alone agree to pay for therapy. You haven't told dad about it because you plan to use it against him. You wouldn't have this question if you were both in agreement. The therapist has to understand your intent as well for presenting such a young child for therapy. Quit playing games.

Content

Why does a 2 year old need therapy? They are still learning to communicate how much good is a therapist really going to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">