• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pulled over for stereo to loud,leads to search of home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

richard james

What is the name of your state? texas.i was pulled over stereo being to loud,they run my name and i have to drug cases pending,i have been paying lawyer to delay for at least 2 years.anyway they search vehicle with dog for 2hours and dont find anything.The cops said"your missing screws here and there from the door panels so you must have recently been smuggling drugs in your vehicle,where are they at!"I said "dont know what your talking about"they reply"we're going to your residence then"another cop comes and takes me to jail for no d.l.On the police report it says the day before in a cocaine bust the snitch said that" my house was supplying the nieghborhood with cocaine and marijuana" the first reason for getting a search warrant,the second reason for entering was as said by arresting officers"it appeared to look like the back door was kicked in and there had been a burglary and that the vehicle backed into the garage belonged to the burglary suspect"keep in my mind i had two 100pound pitbulls running around in the back yard that they had to get tranquillized by animal control to gain entry to the residence.as the police report says by arresting officers"we feared for the life of anyone inside the home,so decided to go in"now arent they overduing it a little bit or is it just me,keep in mind i had a roomate who was inside staying quiet during this whole process which from the time they first knocked on door to the time they actually entered the home took at least 3 hours is what my roomate told me,has to be tru bescuase i was in jail by 1:00pm and didnt see him booked in untill at least 10:00pm.anyway they found 13 lbs of marijuana,54 grams of meth,2 grams of coke,cash,scales,etc and a 9mm handgun.AND CONVIENTLY COURT PAPERS AND TICKETS OF MINE SMACK ON TOP OF ALL THE DRUGS. IS THIS A CASE I WOULD HAVE A LEGITIMATE CHANCE OF WINNING OR KISS MY A$$$ GOOD BYE, IM FACING FIVE TO LIFE IN PRISON as i was informed by my lawyer, the two cases were pending and i was never convicted,they were also two years prior to this,(1) was possestion of marijuana 4ozs to 5lbs (2) for the same thing 1month prior to this big arrest PPPPPLLLLLEEAAASSSEE HHHEEELLPPPP,THANK YOU FOR READING THIS B.S. BUT LIFES A BITCH,SO I GOT TO DEAL WITH IT... ALL THIS HAPPENED IN GARLAND,TEXAS 75021/BY THE CROOKED GARLAND POLICE DEPARTMENT

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Awww, c'mon SJ - It's obvious he didn't get the answers he wanted to hear in the other thread!

CdwJava

Richard, did they have a search warrant? If they DID have a warrant, you're basically screwed unless you can prove that the information on the affidavit for the warrant was knowingly and intentionally false.

- Carl

Ozark_Sophist

Sorry SJ, haven't had a chance to read the other thread yet. From the OP in this thread, it appears the police had a clue and stopped your vehicle for whatever violation they could justify seeking to find evidence for probable cause for a home search. But I have no sympathy for dealers and hope the sentence leans much more to life. Especially as there is apparently no remorse. :cool:

smutlydog

What is the name of your state? texas.i was pulled over stereo being to loud,they run my name and i have to drug cases pending,i have been paying lawyer to delay for at least 2 years.anyway they search vehicle with dog for 2hours and dont find anything.The cops said"your missing screws here and there from the door panels so you must have recently been smuggling drugs in your vehicle,where are they at!"I said "dont know what your talking about"they reply"we're going to your residence then"another cop comes and takes me to jail for no d.l.On the police report it says the day before in a cocaine bust the snitch said that" my house was supplying the nieghborhood with cocaine and marijuana" the first reason for getting a search warrant,the second reason for entering was as said by arresting officers"it appeared to look like the back door was kicked in and there had been a burglary and that the vehicle backed into the garage belonged to the burglary suspect"keep in my mind i had two 100pound pitbulls running around in the back yard that they had to get tranquillized by animal control to gain entry to the residence.as the police report says by arresting officers"we feared for the life of anyone inside the home,so decided to go in"now arent they overduing it a little bit or is it just me,keep in mind i had a roomate who was inside staying quiet during this whole process which from the time they first knocked on door to the time they actually entered the home took at least 3 hours is what my roomate told me,has to be tru bescuase i was in jail by 1:00pm and didnt see him booked in untill at least 10:00pm.anyway they found 13 lbs of marijuana,54 grams of meth,2 grams of coke,cash,scales,etc and a 9mm handgun.AND CONVIENTLY COURT PAPERS AND TICKETS OF MINE SMACK ON TOP OF ALL THE DRUGS. IS THIS A CASE I WOULD HAVE A LEGITIMATE CHANCE OF WINNING OR KISS MY A$$$ GOOD BYE, IM FACING FIVE TO LIFE IN PRISON as i was informed by my lawyer, the two cases were pending and i was never convicted,they were also two years prior to this,(1) was possestion of marijuana 4ozs to 5lbs (2) for the same thing 1month prior to this big arrest PPPPPLLLLLEEAAASSSEE HHHEEELLPPPP,THANK YOU FOR READING THIS B.S. BUT LIFES A BITCH,SO I GOT TO DEAL WITH IT... ALL THIS HAPPENED IN GARLAND,TEXAS 75021/BY THE CROOKED GARLAND POLICE DEPARTMENT
You are not going to get 99 years
The second case may go federal because of the meth and gun combo. I would say their is a possibility of that here. They may slap together a conspiracy case against you if they can find witnesses. Sometimes they do that so that the search warrant doesn’t become an obstacle when prosecuting You will be looking at 5-7 years and you will serve 85% of your time. For sake of simplicity the original case may just be used as part of the bargaining process.

richard james

Sorry SJ, haven't had a chance to read the other thread yet. From the OP in this thread, it appears the police had a clue and stopped your vehicle for whatever violation they could justify seeking to find evidence for probable cause for a home search. But I have no sympathy for dealers and hope the sentence leans much more to life. Especially as there is apparently no remorse. :cool:
First of all there was no evidence found for a probable cause,so how can they get a legal search warrant.Second of all what if there was a murder on the other side of town and you get pulled over,arrested, and charged with murder because you fit the descreption,your telling me you would smile,show remorse, and say good job officers.Kind of the same damn diffrence isn't it _i_khead!!!Like the seniorjudge said your always right,bad news for you d_c_head nobodys perfect and especially means you.About the life thing,that means you got no heart or remorse i guess cause you have never done anything wrong in your life.Remember this flake you can fool any and everybody except yourself.Also be looking for your new bestfriend,my friend-good old KARMA.Thank you and have yourself a good day.

richard james

You are not going to get 99 years
The second case may go federal because of the meth and gun combo. I would say their is a possibility of that here. They may slap together a conspiracy case against you if they can find witnesses. Sometimes they do that so that the search warrant doesn’t become an obstacle when prosecuting You will be looking at 5-7 years and you will serve 85% of your time. For sake of simplicity the original case may just be used as part of the bargaining process.[/QUOTE Hey man i really appreciate your honest awnser and seriously appreciate you not sugar coating it,im not the type of person to look at the best of things.I want to know bottomline,no bs whats the worse case senario.My problem is I have never heard of someone getting pulled over,not having anything illegal on them and still going to search someones house.I'm not an outlaw,never been a smarta$$,or ran from them.So none of them would ever reconize me by passing eachother on the street.Anyway thanks again and have a good one

CdwJava

richard james said:
First of all there was no evidence found for a probable cause,so how can they get a legal search warrant.
Okay, so they HAD a search warrant.

What is your attorney's argument to show that the warrant was issued based upon false testimony or with insufficient cause? Note that quashing a warrant is no easy task. And since the warrant (and the snitch) appeared to be spot on about your drug dealing (as evidenced by the seizure), it's gonna be kinda hard to argue they erred.

If they had indicia of possible transportation (the door panels), two prior drug beefs, and a snitch to testify as to your supplying the neighborhood, that could well be sufficient for a warrant.

- Carl

CdwJava

richard james said:
My problem is I have never heard of someone getting pulled over,not having anything illegal on them and still going to search someones house.I'm not an outlaw,never been a smarta$$,or ran from them.
Well, apparently you are a dope dealer.

Asifde from that, DID they have a warrant? Or did they NOT have a warrant?

The answer to that question will determine how much of a shot you have in getting the evidence tossed.

- Carl

richard james

sorry to bother you judge but i see all your posts so i figure you know what your doing.Dont all of there reasons for doing this seem like a little too much,sort of covering every angle possible and then some.I ask because one lawyer i talked to said there are only three ways they can get a search warrant-(1)somebody informs them of illegal activity (2) there is visible evedience at the residence of burglary,assault,etc (3)apperance of not maintaining human sanitation,i think such as people living in there own extreme unsanatized waste,etc.. The lawyer followed this by saying"they can have one and only one of these reasons for getting a search warrant." if you dont mind i would really appreciate your input on this.Sorry to waste your time,thank you and have a good one.

richard james

Yep,....NO remorse from the criminal. Maybe he will get some when he has to deal with Bubba.:eek:
I dont think so becuase one of us wont be here anymore,and ya'll talk about remorse,i've been accused of something while driving down the damn street with no visible evidence on or around me,this is my point anyway put yourselfs in my position and you would be saying the same damn thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">