• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pulling My Hair Out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kully

What is the name of your state? Florida

My husband has gotten so bad that i'm starting to think about separation or divorce. He's verbally abusive and I can't take it anymore. I've stayed so long because of my 13 month old. I dealt with my parents getting a divorce when I was 8 and it devistated me. I certainly don't want my son to grow up in a hostile environment.

Anyway, my question is in the state of Florida, can one person file for a divorce without the others spouses signature? Are there any websites I can go on to get good information about separation or divorce?

seniorjudge

kully said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

My husband has gotten so bad that i'm starting to think about separation or divorce. He's verbally abusive and I can't take it anymore. I've stayed so long because of my 13 month old. I dealt with my parents getting a divorce when I was 8 and it devistated me. I certainly don't want my son to grow up in a hostile environment.

Anyway, my question is in the state of Florida, can one person file for a divorce without the others spouses signature? Are there any websites I can go on to get good information about separation or divorce?
http://www.floridabar.org/tfb/TFBConsum.nsf/48e76203493b82ad852567090070c9b9/50c0b911a9cb28fd85256b2f006c5ba9?OpenDocument

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">