• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Purchased hardwoods- retailer nor manftr will stad by product

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lisadc01

What is the name of your state? VIRGINIA

We bought hardwood not really online- but found them online- we faxed in order etc.. The store is 300 miles from us in Virginia (we live in VA) as well. We received hte hardwoods in December 2004. It was installed shortly after but we did not move in to our house until January. We noticed some planks being off color for a while and in May I called the retailer since the product has a 25 year warranty for defects and for hte finish (it is an exotic hardwood- one of hte hrdest hardwoods available). He asked me for pictures and was going to send it tot he manufacturer- I also said hte hardwoods were scratching and denting when it was not supposed to happen - to sum things up- I have contacted both retailer and manufacturer (spoke to president of both places) who keep saying the other is responsible to come and looka t things and fix it.

I have logs of calling them 45 times since May and still nothing. What recourse do we have? it is too late with teh credit card company- BBB is one choice- small claims? any effecitve threat? We spent over 2k to install these hardwoods that frankly look old already- wehave no pets nor kids, and take our shoes off (nott hat this should matter)..
Thank you so much, Lisa

manowar27

My question is why do you keep spelling "the" teh?? If this flooring was installed the way you spell, no wonder you have problems !!

manowar27

Seriously.........I had a similar situation with new replacement windows. 2 bedroom windows leaked non stop. No one would honor the 10 year warranty, or even come out to look at them. This is hard to believe, but I actually removed one of the casement windows, and dragged it to the store where I bought them. I threw such a fit in front of other customers, they gave me my money back just to get me the hell out of the store.

What I suggest doing is removing some bad sections of floor, and go to the place you bought it. No store or company wants to be embarrassed in front of potentional customers. Look for a product liabilty lawyer and spell it out for him. Nothing can ruin a company faster than bad press. After this is cleared up, might I suggest taking a 4 foot section of hardwood flooring and ramming it up the asses of these idiots until they taste wood!!

pojo2

Perhaps this is what the people you scammed, cheated, stole from should do to you!

>>After this is cleared up, might I suggest taking a 4 foot section of hardwood flooring and ramming it up the asses of these idiots until they taste wood!!<<

I see you got over your I want to kill myself attitude over you deceptive living!

manowar27

Don't pass judgement on me. How f*cking dare you compare me to deceptive living.......I have a feeling there's room in your ass for a chunk of wood also!!

pojo2

What would you call it when you SCAM people on ebay and they caught you and you tell some pretty wild tale to find out of you are out side the SOL on the CRIME you committed?

Upstanding Citizen?

You are a little hot head aren't you?

have you tried

this site may help you to see if this company has any other reports of unsatisfied customers. www.ripoffreport.com You can also post on there if you want to give the company bad publicity and this is a very popular website. Good Luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">