• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about a chapter 13 conerted to a chapter 7

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SecondChance201

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

Hey everyone...I just found this board and came accros this site...I have a question...I filed for chapter 13 two months ago....but I am not able to make the plan payments so I filed to have it converted to a chapter 7. Do I have file all the schedules again? I have no additional creditors or anything like that and my income did not change.

I lease my apartment do I need to file a notice of intent? or is that only for cars?

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

Hey everyone...I just found this board and came accros this site...I have a question...I filed for chapter 13 two months ago....but I am not able to make the plan payments so I filed to have it converted to a chapter 7. Do I have file all the schedules again? I have no additional creditors or anything like that and my income did not change.

I lease my apartment do I need to file a notice of intent? or is that only for cars?
You may have to amend some of the forms but generally what was filed for your Chapter 13 can be used for your Chapter 7 without having to file everything again.

Here is a link you may find helpful from Nolo: http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/converting-your-bankruptcy-case-from-chapter-13-chapter-7.html

As to your apartment, are you talking about a notice of intent to quit the premises?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">