• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question about child transportation..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

l_x

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

When the ex took me back to court, since we live about 30 mins away from each other, I asked the court for me and the ex to meet half way for the exchange. The court disagreed since I was the moving party so I was to be the one that provide the transportation (pickup/dropoff).

Does holiday count too? Example: I get the weekend, but a holiday falls on saturday and that holiday is the ex's holiday, (according to court order, the child spend the holiday with the parent 8am-8pm), do I need to do the dropoff/pickup for the ex or does she have to do the pickup/dropoff since it's her holiday and the child is in my care? the court order says nothing about transportation on holidays.

Any advice will greatly be appreicated. Thanks.

Isis1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

When the ex took me back to court, since we live about 30 mins away from each other, I asked the court for me and the ex to meet half way for the exchange. The court disagreed since I was the moving party so I was to be the one that provide the transportation (pickup/dropoff).

Does holiday count too? Example: I get the weekend, but a holiday falls on saturday and that holiday is the ex's holiday, (according to court order, the child spend the holiday with the parent 8am-8pm), do I need to do the dropoff/pickup for the ex or does she have to do the pickup/dropoff since it's her holiday and the child is in my care? the court order says nothing about transportation on holidays.

Any advice will greatly be appreicated. Thanks.
what is the exact wording of the court order in regards to transportation?

l_x

This clause followed the vistation schedule "Exchanges are to take place either at mother's home or child school. At this time, the Court feels that father is better able to provide transportation for the minor child."

I thought this only apply to the regular schedule. I'm not sure about holiday.

Isis1

This clause followed the vistation schedule "Exchanges are to take place either at mother's home or child school. At this time, the Court feels that father is better able to provide transportation for the minor child."

I thought this only apply to the regular schedule. I'm not sure about holiday.
it applies. you will be providing transportation for the minor child. it doesn't say, except when.....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">