• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about misdemeanor larceny

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JoeMat281

What is the name of your state? NC

I was recently arrested on the charge of misdemeanor larceny, and on the advice of the arresting officer, requested a continuance. The judge told the courtroom in general [oh, how I love being made an example of!] about the different classes of misdemeanor larceny. He stated that my class was Class 1 misdemeanor larceny. My question is, since I returned the item in question [a used DVD priced at 14.95] immediately, and this is my first offense, what should I do, and what should I expect?

chris86

Question about Misdemeanor larceny

You sound very, very literate...be very courteous, and cordial to the judge...if you do not have much of a criminal background, the judge will probably be lenient...You could consider an expungement down the road...the fact that you returned the DVD is irrelevent...how you procured it is in question. Let the judge know you were in error, ask politely for leniency, keep your record clean, and go for an expungement down the road. Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">