• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about Removing Your Lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kenedy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

I was denied disability, because they did not have my full diagnosis. I hired an attorney, who I am not happy with. He tells me one thing and then sends me a letter stating another. When he told me I didn't look disabled, I knew he wasn't going to fight for me. When I contacted his office to find out how to remove him from my case and was told that I needed to submit a letter stating I was no longer interested in going to trial (my trial date would have been this month). I did that and received all the paperwork in the mail. I didn't realize this was the end to my case and that I would have to wait for months again before I could file again. It says in the paperwork that I can appeal. All I wanted was for my lawyer to be removed. I don't know what the heck I am doing, but wondered if anyone has done this on their own? If I send in the appeal and tell them I just wanted the lawyer removed will they look at the evidence I am sending in? Is it better to just wait this out and reapply? Its already been almost 2 years. If I send in the appeal with evidence, and for some reason they are like, Oh yeah she should be on disability (I know that wont happen), but if it does will they still take my out for the attorney?

I just dont know which path to take right now. I have contacted other lawyers, but I am hard of hearing and I ask for them to email me, but they keep calling and I cant understand them.

And I am not just firing my attorney out of the blue, I have contacted his office several times for clarification and it was always the same. He gave me a list of items that needed to be present under Missouri law and told me to take them to my doctor and ask if I qualified. My doctor said yes. They told me they would request a letter from him, they never did. I just kept being told my age (43 when I started this) was going to get me turned down no matter what.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">