• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question here...thank you

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

howller

What is the name of your state? illinois

i have already had my first creditor hearing on my chapter 7 filing, just waiting on it to be discharged.

i have read the bankruptcy FAQ already but still unsure

Number #3 of the FAQ pros and cons section
(3) Wages you earn and property you acquire (except for inheritances) after the bankruptcy filing date are yours, not the creditors or bankruptcy court.

hi everyone, i hope someone can help me with some questions i have.

1.) when is it ok to buy a car after my creditor hearing. (a old beater, nothing fancy and nothing with any kind of payments. just buy a car from a private seller for 1000 bucks or so)

2.) i'm still unsure about a car i had included in the bankruptcy...bought a car about 3 years ago..left the country for those 3 years and now i'm back and it was listed on my credit reports as "charge off" some resolution was tried before i filed but my lawyer never got a response back, and they did not show up at my bankruptcy's creditor hearing. Any info or educated guesses of what i might expect to happen would be much appreciated.

Reguarding question #1
i know it seems stupid to ask a question that it seems i found the answer...just looking for confirmation that this info is true and correct, also b/c my lawyer said wait 6 months..(i'm not trying to say anythig bad about my lawyer..but he's a family friend lawyer and his specialty is not bankruptcy)

p.s. thx for any advice ya can give me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">