• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question On Moving Out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BeachBabe9989

I live in Georgia and i'm going to be turning 17 in July. Me and my mother have been have ALOT of REALLY bad fights. She's kicked me out twice. Then changed her mind, and called the police saying i "ranaway". My friends mother said that I can move in with her when it is legal. So, my question is, in the state of Georgia, can I legally move out and live with some one else at 17?

Thank You For Taking The Time To Read This.
Ashlynn S.

mommyof4

Not without parental consent.

Keep in mind that even if you have parental consent to move out of your home, at any time before you reach the age of 18, Mom can demand you return home and your only legal choice will be to follow her orders.

If you are being abused, contact your local CPS or 1-800-4-A-CHILD or Home - Childhelp

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">