• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question on step parent adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA

My son will be a year old on march 27th-- when he was born his father was not present and therefore did not sign his portion of the birth certificate; its still blank to this day.

I spoke to his 'father' (i say it like that because legally i know he has no father, but nonetheless) when he was about 6 months old and he said quote "I want no part of him; when he grows up and asks about me tell him i'm dead" so this brings me to my question...

i am engaged and will be married in the next few months. my fiance and i have discussed adoption and if we did agree upon this what would be the proper procedure for him to adopt my son once we're married and have been for awhile??

i definately dont want to rush anything

i just want to find out all the information i can....my question is what steps do you take once you are ready to go forward with it??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">