• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question...please Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state? GA

I am looking for some good websites to find out about non custodial parent laws as well as criteria for medicaid, whether or not I have to list the father or not...I've tried Google, but I don't really know what I'm looking for or either it's not helping...:O is there anyone who can reccommend good websites to answer my questions or provide any information?

seniorjudge

What is the name of your state? GA

I am looking for some good websites to find out about non custodial parent laws as well as criteria for medicaid, whether or not I have to list the father or not...I've tried Google, but I don't really know what I'm looking for or either it's not helping...:O is there anyone who can reccommend good websites to answer my questions or provide any information?

What is your legal question for us?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
http://ocss.dhr.georgia.gov/portal/site/DHR-OCSE/

http://www.cffpp.org/legal/georgia_en.html

Google is your friend, young one. For the first link, I googled Georgia +Child Support.
For the second one, I googled Georgia +Non-custodial parent.

And more than likely, if you & the child will be on Medicaid or any other state support (TANF, food stamps, etc) the information will have to be provided and proved by DNA testing, etc. IIRC, that's federal law, not state law.

Legal Questions

Well I'd earlier with a brief story of what I am going through, but I'll give you the short version :)

I am 19, 5 months pregnant, and no longer with the father. We separated 2-3 months ago and have not spoken since. I moved back in w/ my family b/c he wouldn't get a job to support us (I was too sick & couldn't work), he had no car and no licenses so I couldn't get back & forth to drs. appointments, and no way to get to the hospital if an emergency occured. Now he's jobless, still car-less, and he parties, drinks a lot, sleeps around, and I suspect he could be doing drugs, and he has no steady place to live, he just drifts from friend-to-friend looking for a place to stay, and I've recently found out he wants custody of our child.

My questions are this:
Can he get it?

What are his rights as a parent?

I am on GA Medicaid--Do I have to list him as the father?
(I've been told I did or they'd revoke my insurance)

When baby's born do I HAVE to let him sign the birth certificate?

I have tons more questions, but I don't want to hit you all at once!

JacobJoel

please just slap me...

Good save, Geekess, because i blew this one on her other thread.

Peanut, good try. kudos. i was looking for the stuff geekess posted for you but i am also doing a few other things and didn't get back to you quick enough.

The reason i pushed the self research approach is because you are young and obviously intelligent, but you are asking questions that have been answered a hundred, if not a thousand times on here.

you will do far better if you learn to do your own research and use this place as a source of confirmation and guidance.

Observe the word Learn. When we earn what we learn (i.e., dig it out ourselves) we retain it better. we own it. it is ours.

Learning now, as young as you are, will serve you the rest of your life. and that isn't a legal response. it is, however, reality.

my apologies. i should have given you better guidance in the first thread.

deltabravo.net is a favorite link of mine as well. it's from the man's standpoint, but my personal belief is that we should observe every life topic from as many venues as we have available. but that is a different lecture.

Ahhh The Confusion!!

I'm trying...believe me I'm just not familiar with legal stuff and knowing what to type in is my problem...:eek: I've went to the first website but can't find anything about non custodial parental rights but I WILL keep trying...I do thank you all for your help :) I just have to learn how to navigate in the legal world...

Zephyr

Good save, Geekess, because i blew this one on her other thread.

Peanut, good try. kudos. i was looking for the stuff geekess posted for you but i am also doing a few other things and didn't get back to you quick enough.

The reason i pushed the self research approach is because you are young and obviously intelligent, but you are asking questions that have been answered a hundred, if not a thousand times on here.

you will do far better if you learn to do your own research and use this place as a source of confirmation and guidance.

Observe the word Learn. When we earn what we learn (i.e., dig it out ourselves) we retain it better. we own it. it is ours.

Learning now, as young as you are, will serve you the rest of your life. and that isn't a legal response. it is, however, reality.

my apologies. i should have given you better guidance in the first thread.

deltabravo.net is a favorite link of mine as well. it's from the man's standpoint, but my personal belief is that we should observe every life topic from as many venues as we have available. but that is a different lecture.
ahhhhh and the student becomes the masta.....veddy good grasshoppa:p

JacobJoel

;)

Why thank you Zephyr!! quite an unexpected response, and very appreciated.

if i had, indeed, become the masta, i would have nailed it in the first thread. but geez, i'll take that as an indicator of my going in the right direction.

Peanut, just start a Word document of all your questions. Read through this site and maintain the websites given you.

as you read you will learn. most of your questions will go away. track and note them.

it gets easier. go easy on PM's. i really messed up on that aspect when i first got here. ask the neccessary questions openly and you will get better responses quicker.

you will be shocked at how you grow on this site.

seniorjudge

Q: Can he get it?

A: I have no idea; this is a complicated area and the judge deciding it will have to hear tons of facts to decide.

Q: What are his rights as a parent?

A: Same as yours.

Q: I am on GA Medicaid--Do I have to list him as the father?

A: (I've been told I did or they'd revoke my insurance)

Q: When baby's born do I HAVE to let him sign the birth certificate?

A: My guess is yes since he is the father.

JacobJoel

No!!

NO Zephyr!!! she is NOT cutting you out!! i made that UP!!

it's my way of saying HEY!! i know you are dinking around w/law school, raising three kids, spending 30 percent of your time in court houses and another 20 percent getting READY to go to the courthouse, but, you know...WRITE THE BOOK ALREADY!

see? my not to subtle way of trying to control someone else's life. which usually happens when MY life is out of control!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">