• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question Regarding Ex Parte Forms

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? GA

(sry if I didn't spell that right...the Ex Parte I mean)

I assume some of you have read my post from yesterday about being harassed by my X's friends...

Anyway, I believe it said on the website that I read that if you filed you were protected for 12 months or so....

My question is does that include my child as well...(he is due in April)...

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Only until the child is born. Then you would have to prove there was a direct threat to the child.

CJane

What is the name of your state? GA

(sry if I didn't spell that right...the Ex Parte I mean)

I assume some of you have read my post from yesterday about being harassed by my X's friends...

Anyway, I believe it said on the website that I read that if you filed you were protected for 12 months or so....

My question is does that include my child as well...(he is due in April)...
An EX PARTE doesn't cover you for 12 months.

An EX PARTE covers you only until there is a hearing on the matter. At that hearing, if you can prove that your allegations are true, then an Order of Protection may be issued for 12 months.

An EX PARTE doesn't cover you for 12 months.

An EX PARTE covers you only until there is a hearing on the matter. At that hearing, if you can prove that your allegations are true, then an Order of Protection may be issued for 12 months.
CJ, I found where I read that about the 12 months thing and I was wrong...just wanted to correct myself...

It was in the post on my other thread you posted yesterday from a website about stalking...here's the quote:

If someone other than a family or household member is hurting you, there are different laws designed to protect you. If anyone has stalked you, you may be eligible for a Stalking Protection Order.

Under GA law, stalking is when someone follows, places under surveillance, or contacts another person at or about a place or places without the consent of the other person for the purpose of harassing and intimidating the other person. Someone can stalk you in person; over the computer; or by telephone, email, mail, or other ways of communication.(12)

Stalking Protection Orders can generally last up to 12 months, but they may be extended or made permanent in certain circumstances.
this kind of sounds like what I would need if I continued getting calls...is obtaining one of these the same as obtaining an EX PARTE?

***AGAIN: THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP :):)

wileybunch

this kind of sounds like what I would need if I continued getting calls...is obtaining one of these the same as obtaining an EX PARTE?
What you are seeking is is an Order of Protection. An ex parte refers to the type of hearing or order, meaning it's done w/o the other party, often under emergency/quick circumstances, but what you want to result from your actions is an Order of Protection.

What you are seeking is is an Order of Protection. An ex parte refers to the type of hearing or order, meaning it's done w/o the other party, often under emergency/quick circumstances, but what you want to result from your actions is an Order of Protection.
well see my problem is right now I don't have a whole lot of money, enough to cover necessities but nothing expensive...

is this something I would need a lawyer for or can I file on my own?

wileybunch

well see my problem is right now I don't have a whole lot of money, enough to cover necessities but nothing expensive...

is this something I would need a lawyer for or can I file on my own?
You should totally be able to file it on your own. Now that you know what it's called, you should be able to find forms on your court's website, I would hope. It should be pretty straightforward.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">