• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question regarding Minor SSI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? My daughters both recieve SSI to their mother. They were born under the 2 lb limit and I believe this is why the get it. The paper that the adminitration sent to her. ( I have one copy for one month from 2006) stating that it is being recieved because they are disabled?
They also recieve Medicaid.
Now what does she have to pay with the SSI? Exaclty. I was told 1/3 of her rent and so on. Is she required to use a portion of it for medical bills that are incurred on behalf of my daughters by any means? Also If she does get married will she recieve them still? She did mention wanting to get a job and asking they stop sending it to her. I have never been able to truly talk to them about all this so I wanted to see if anyone has any insight! Thank you

LdiJ

The reason I ask is because my ex says she does not have to pay their bills and I was told part of SSI is to pay for medical?
SSI is supplemental security income. Its designed to help with overall expenses for children who qualify...in the custodial parent's home. If the children are also on medicaid, then there are no medical expenses that are uncovered by the medcaid, so your question is kind of out in left field.

Unless you are expecting mom to pay for medical expenses that YOU incurred, on your time, that are not convered by Medcaid because you moved out of state. In that case, you are SOL.

SSI is supplemental security income. Its designed to help with overall expenses for children who qualify...in the custodial parent's home. If the children are also on medicaid, then there are no medical expenses that are uncovered by the medcaid, so your question is kind of out in left field.

Unless you are expecting mom to pay for medical expenses that YOU incurred, on your time, that are not convered by Medcaid because you moved out of state. In that case, you are SOL.
I moved out of state in May. Our order says she is to pay half of all medical expenses but her argument was well she has medicaid why should she use the ins I am ordered to cover. Dr visits incurred my me or her regularly we pay ourselves. Emergencies we must pay 50. One of the dr visits was one CPS made her & me attend. I paid my half she walked out on it.
Another is the xrays bills from an appointment (a dr she was seeing made for my daughters for thier lungs). She left the girls with me and I ended up taking them. I gave my ins card when I got there. I also paid half of that.
Then I have an emergency visit for one of our daughters over Christmas. At that time I was living in Texas and visited my parents in FL. All costs were out of pocket. Breathing treatments and all RX's was over 300. So I sent the bills to her. But if she uses this argument I wanted to know.
But our court order states I have insurance on the girls( which she has never used) and we pay 50% of things. Also if we get reimbursed to give to the party who incurred the cost.

BL

You should get the Medicaid info. to give to the providers for billing .

Sometimes the providers are connected and already have the Medicaid billing info. in the system .

Since the children are on SSI - Medicaid they should be covered under that first and completely .

You should get the Medicaid info. to give to the providers for billing .

Sometimes the providers are connected and already have the Medicaid billing info. in the system .

Since the children are on SSI - Medicaid they should be covered under that first and completely .
Yes well that would be fine with me. But The AG Sends my company the order to emroll them everytime. My ex refuses to give me a medicaid card. But she is ordered to pay 1/2 of any uninsured bills. Medicaid as far as I know wont put me on as a 3rd party to be able to handle anything! I think my ex is to put me on there to talk as I am with my insurance. ??

And if my daughters have a primary and she refues to use will Medicaid recoup thier money and bill my ex?
This came from my daughters DR's billing office.

BL

And if my daughters have a primary and she refues to use will Medicaid recoup thier money and bill my ex?
This came from my daughters DR's billing office.

I moved out of state in May. Our order says she is to pay half of all medical expenses but her argument was well she has medicaid why should she use the ins I am ordered to cover.
The provider's should be given Primary ( yours ) , and secondary ( Medicaid ).

As long as medical is provided in the State of Medicaid provided .

As was explained , you moved out of State .

Your X should NOT have to incur expenses NOT covered by Medicaid - because it was provided out of State , unless the move was OK'd through the courts and the orders stand . IMO.

The provider's should be given Primary ( yours ) , and secondary ( Medicaid ).

As long as medical is provided in the State of Medicaid provided .

As was explained , you moved out of State .

Your X should NOT have to incur expenses NOT covered by Medicaid - because it was provided out of State , unless the move was OK'd through the courts and the orders stand . IMO.
Ok I guess there is a misunderstanding.... These bill are from last year. 2008. I moved in May 2009.
I would not need to be given an OK anyways. Our order states what my visitation would be if I lived over 100 miles away. It is already in the order.
I dont see how anything would change the bills. She is still required via court order just as I to pay 1/2 of uninsured bills. She does not give my insurance when she goes to the DR but I have. So I am the one who is paying and has the bills in my name. Her old attorney she had at our original order signing worked for the AG prior. I told them I would pay the medicaid, but they still put it in there. I just am worried she will use her I dont work I get SSI argument because she has said that and that is why Im asking.

BL

Ok I guess there is a misunderstanding.... These bill are from last year. 2008. I moved in May 2009.
I would not need to be given an OK anyways. Our order states what my visitation would be if I lived over 100 miles away. It is already in the order.
I dont see how anything would change the bills. She is still required via court order just as I to pay 1/2 of uninsured bills. She does not give my insurance when she goes to the DR but I have. So I am the one who is paying and has the bills in my name. Her old attorney she had at our original order signing worked for the AG prior. I told them I would pay the medicaid, but they still put it in there. I just am worried she will use her I dont work I get SSI argument because she has said that and that is why Im asking.
She also receives SSI ?

Yes both my daughters get 623 or thats what it was in 2006. Im sure it went up. She also does not work so I was not sure if I would be able to get help or not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">