• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cookie82

I live in North Carolina, a friend of mine got charges with assault causing serious bodily injury, however when they went to their court date, they couldn't find the file and the witness and victim didn't show. On top of that the officer who was present at the time didn't show either...what could this mean for my friend? Will they drop the charges if noone is there?

HomeGuru

I live in North Carolina, a friend of mine got charges with assault causing serious bodily injury, however when they went to their court date, they couldn't find the file and the witness and victim didn't show. On top of that the officer who was present at the time didn't show either...what could this mean for my friend? Will they drop the charges if noone is there?
**A: we have no idea. The court could have dismissed the case or continued it.
Your friend needs to find out the facts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">