• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Questions about landlord rights in PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

melissag

Pennsylvania

Hi,
I am considering renting to someone with questionable credit. They will give me the security deposit before moving in, and give me the remaining money a few days later.

Will I be able to get them out of the house if they don't give me the remaining money? I thought about not signing a lease with them until they give me the money. If I do that, is it easier to get them out with no signed lease?

What are the laws in PA for eviction? How long will it take to get them out if they don't pay?

I am trying to be a nice guy and give a family a break...
Thanks.

annefan

Give yourself a break...and peace of mind. Find tenants who show more stability and trustworthiness from the get go. Why open the Pandoras Box for headaches.

Who's Liable?

Don't rent to them... You will be sorry in the end... It's the same story as the man who found a baby cobra, raised it as it's own, and one day the snake bit him... As the man was dying, he asked the snake "after all these years, why did you bite me?" to which the snake replied: "I'm a snake!"

Who's Liable? said:
Don't rent to them... You will be sorry in the end... It's the same story as the man who found a baby cobra, raised it as it's own, and one day the snake bit him... As the man was dying, he asked the snake "after all these years, why did you bite me?" to which the snake replied: "I'm a snake!"
Excellent advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">