• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

quick claim deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jen318

What is the name of your state?ca
My ex husband had me sign a qick claim deed telling me it was only to add his father to the title. This was not the case, now the home is in the fathers name and the mortgage is in mine. The house was never mentioned in the divorce because I was told I had no legal rights to it. I was in an abusive marriage and was not allowed to work, drive, or know anything about the finances. I had been with him since I was 15 and got married 2 months after I turned 17. His father is now calling daily wanting to re-fi the house. He says he needs a notarized form signed saying it's a clear title and I want nothing further to do with the house. I was not even aware I was taken off the title. We never went to court I had no legal help. He did the entire divorce through a paralegal saying I had nothing to argue, there was no reason to go to court. I was married for seven yrs. Do I have any legal rights to try to get my part of the house?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">