• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quick question?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bucs1055

What is the name of your state?
Okay, technical difficulties:rolleyes:

My chapter 7 bankruptcy was closed 12/19/05.

On my credit report, one of the accounts says

"Consumer disputes this account information,
Bankruptcy chapter 7"

I don't remember disputing anything.
This was an old account.

Can I dispute it, on my credit report and get them to put, included in bankruptcy?

Thanks for any help.

Who's Liable?

Was your BK7 DISCHARGED in December, or was that when you had your 341 meeting? There is a difference... Saying an BK7 was "closed" is using the wrong terminology.

Yes, you can dispute items on your report, and ALL your accounts listed in your report should say "Included in BK" and shows a balance of $0.00 owed. Anything else is being reported incorrectly. Head over to crediboards.com for a wealth of information...

bucs1055

Thanks

Sorry, I meant to say, I was discharged 12/19/05.
But it does say it is closed on Pacer.

So, I just dispute it,
stating that it should be included in the BK?

Does it matter that it says that it is disputed by the consumer, on my credit report?

Betty

I would just dispute the incorrect info on the credit report. Tell them you did not dispute account & it should be included in bankruptcy discharged 12-05.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">