• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quick Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ceara19

lets see if this helps you.

ok lol lets see.. i went to a party in jersey. on new years eve.. i got jumpped by 3 people and the same day went to the hospital the next day i pressed charges on all of them for Agravated assult and Robbery.. two weeks later i got in the mail papers saying the 3 people are pressing charges on me for assult and threats. i got a lawyer and he says i have pictures hospital bills and that i should not have anything to worry about.. i have a solid case.. so there cases were down graded to a smaller court and my case was up graded to a bigger court.. and on this tuesday i am gong to court for the charges they pu against me..

and last Fri i was locked up for throwing an unknown object it was a damn hat and i got locked up for it i got 24 hours community service and a fine and a angermanagement class i did all of it except my community service im workign on that..

Now im just wondring when i go to court on Tuesday it will be for the Charges the people in jersey have put against me me and my lawyer will have to defend myself.. i just wan to know will the Philadelphia case show up and make problems for me in jersey
Individual citizens CANNOT "press charges" against anyone. They can file a police report, which then goes to the DA and the DA decides whether or not there is enough evidence to charge a person with a crime. If the DA upgraded your case to a felony, they must feel that they have a strong case.

Dansmith

no my case was upgraded because its worth going to a higher court there cases were down graded because m lawyer says they donthave anything on me. they have no prrof i hit them or anything i have proof they jumpped me

ceara19

no my case was upgraded because its worth going to a higher court there cases were down graded because m lawyer says they donthave anything on me. they have no prrof i hit them or anything i have proof they jumpped me
The DA doesn't UPGRADE cases where they have no evidence. I think you have the courts confused.

ceara19

well i dunno im just saying i just wana know if the thing from philly will interfear with the jersey case
No one here can tell you if the DA will obtain this new information before the trial or if the Judge would admit the information into evidence with any certainty. It is POSSIBLE that the latest case could affect the outcome.

Just Blue

In the message box there is a little check icon with the letters "abc" ...That is the spell check, please use it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">