• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

quit claim deed - 3 owners

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Julie936

i live in montana. my two brothers and i have a quit claim deed in all three of our names to the family home and property. two of us want to sell and divide proceeds equally (1/3 each). the other one refuses to sign over so that we can sell. what are our rights?:confused:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Julie936 said:
i live in montana. my two brothers and i have a quit claim deed in all three of our names to the family home and property. two of us want to sell and divide proceeds equally (1/3 each). the other one refuses to sign over so that we can sell. what are our rights?:confused:
My response:

The two of you gang up on him and just beat the ever-loving daylights out of him !

Or, the two of you can sue him for "partition". Legally, that's your only way out.

However, you can still exercise option one anyway, because it just feels so good, and then sue him.

Good luck.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">