• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quoting.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Just Blue

Mine isn't doing it - gotta watch the brackets around the quote and /quote
My comment was made below the quote and outside the brackets. It only happens when I post below a quote. Weird.

TBC: It doesn't happen when I'm posting as a response...just if I make a quote in a post. Like I did about the Vegan Idiots Down Under. It comes out as a quote within a quote.

PayrollHRGuy

My comment was made below the quote and outside the brackets. It only happens when I post below a quote. Weird.

TBC: It doesn't happen when I'm posting as a response...just if I make a quote in a post. Like I did about the Vegan Idiots Down Under. It comes out as a quote within a quote.
The first quote is just a normal reply. The second is a select and the reply that comes up when you select text.

This one is just me putting it in quotes.
Which are you haveing problems with.

LdiJ

urgh...never mind. i'll just deal with it.
Does anyone know why, when posting below a quote, the comment shows up as a quote?
Let me try to explain it. I will also type the quote brackets wrong so they will show up. When you reach the end of the first part you want to reply to, you must type [/quot3]

Then you type what you want to type

Then before the next chunk of the quote that you want to reply to, you must type [quot3]

So, each part of the original quote that is in there has to have [quot3] at the begining of the section, and [/quot3] at the end of the section. The first part will automatically have a quote bracket at the beginning, and the last part will automatically have a quote bracket at the end, but you must put in the quote brackets for the rest.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">