• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Racial Segregation in Classroom

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoachNip13

It sounds like there are a couple of suspected white supremacists in the class, and they decided to give the students who are likely to be targeted by these clowns a heads up.

Assuming my guess is correct, how should this situation be handled, keeping in mind that these are suspected racists where the administration does not have sufficient evidence to do anything?
That's a pretty big leap to assume that there are 11 year old white supremacists in the class. Not sure how you got to that point.

OHRoadwarrior

That's a pretty big leap to assume that there are 11 year old white supremacists in the class. Not sure how you got to that point.
Believe it or not. There are Bigots out there that teach their children prejudice from day 1. By 11, they can be nasty creatures, reminiscent of the 1800's.

csi7

I would definitely report this to the local media for public awareness.
This is a case of team-teaching being used for personal purposes, never a positive influence in team-teaching projects.
Take away the racial identification detail, and it reeks of "bullying".
That is what makes it wrong.
If I had the specific details, I'd be on the telephone, writing letters, and otherwise, informing the public in general that our taxpayer dollars went to a project like this.
The information was specific in identifying individuals to a large group without evidence of the allegations mentioned in the private meeting.

CoachNip13

Did you come for advice, or to argue. This is the correct legal answer. Please feel free to pay a lawyer who will tell you the same thing.
I answered your question, said thanks, and then said have a nice day. The only one who appears to be looking for a fight is you. Take care.

LeeHarveyBlotto

I would definitely report this to the local media for public awareness.
This is a case of team-teaching being used for personal purposes, never a positive influence in team-teaching projects.
Take away the racial identification detail, and it reeks of "bullying".
That is what makes it wrong.
If I had the specific details, I'd be on the telephone, writing letters, and otherwise, informing the public in general that our taxpayer dollars went to a project like this.
The information was specific in identifying individuals to a large group without evidence of the allegations mentioned in the private meeting.
Perhaps one could ask the teachers in question why it was done before mobilizing a movement?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
It seems to ME that the two kids who were defamed might actually have a viable lawsuit...depending on the exact defamation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">