• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Racial vilification?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CdwJava

My question exactly.

Black people complain to the NAACP. So who do White people complain to?
You can write a letter, start a blog, complain to the KKK, whomever.

The point is, you have no legal complaint, only an opinion to vent. You have a right to vent and you can do it most anywhere you please. But, do not expect any government or legal action to ever be initiated because no tort or crime appears to have occurred.

windchime

Update

So much for free speech.

To many white people voice their opinion. The news paper removed all the comments and will not allow any others to be posted.
Yet the article remains.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
And the paper's allowed to do that. From the comments I read, most of them were written by illiterate hillbillies and rednecks, anyway.

ETA - which one was yours?

Last edited:

windchime

And the paper's allowed to do that. From the comments I read, most of them were written by illiterate hillbillies and rednecks, anyway.

ETA - which one was yours?
So you think free speech does not apply to illiterate hillbillies and rednecks.

Since you are so smart you should have been able to figure out which ones were mine from my user name.

ecmst12

Free speech does not apply to privately owned/managed forums like a newspaper or a newspaper web site. The PAPER has the right to regulate speech on its own forum. The GOVERNMENT is not allowed to restrict what the paper can or can't print/post. That's what free speech means. It means it's not illegal for the paper to post something racist or insulting. It does not mean that it MUST publish something just because you want them to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">