• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Radar Detection and Vaping/Smoking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justalayman

I prefer Winchells. :)

When I have gone back east, I found that Dunkin' Donuts were far more numerous than Starbucks! In the neighborhood where my wife once lived in Philly, there were 3 DDs in 6 blocks! I mean, WTH???
Was it near a police precinct HQ by chance? Lots of opportunities in places like that.

CdwJava

Was it near a police precinct HQ by chance? Lots of opportunities in places like that.
Ha! Nope. Near a strip mall (the one I grew up with).

Now, where I worked for 15 years, they put in a Starbucks across from a CHP office! And when I was down south, we had two independent coffee shops AND a DD across from the PD! It was Heaven!

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
They were huge when I was growing up. Now, they are few and far between. <sigh>

Dunkin' Donuts is preferred over Krispy Kreme ... ick! Hate Krispy Kreme donuts.
There's a Winchell's down in Hoover, but I don't think it's part of anyone's chain; the breakfast foods (sausage rolls, donuts, etc) are excellent.

I'd rather have a 'Hot NOW!' Krispy Kreme than anything out of the Dunkin' Donuts. Mayhaps it's just a difference in taste buds?

When I was in Denver last summer, I could not believe the number of Starbucks; seemed like there was one on every corner. :cool:

CdwJava

When I was in Denver last summer, I could not believe the number of Starbucks; seemed like there was one on every corner. :cool:
I work in Sacramento now, and within 2 miles of where I sit, according to Google Maps there are TEN Starbucks. Ten.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Wait ... what? :eek:

You a Red Bull man?
Negative!

I never drank coffee but I tried it when I started working overnights (1900-0700). I found that although I love the smell of it I don't care for the taste and it does nothing for me - I can drink three cups and then go to sleep. Caffeine doesn't seem to have a noticeable effect on me for some reason.

Red Bull tastes like medicine and since the caffeine is useless I certainly don't drink that either!

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
They were huge when I was growing up. Now, they are few and far between. <sigh>

Dunkin' Donuts is preferred over Krispy Kreme ... ick! Hate Krispy Kreme donuts.
Oh my goodness ... I thought I was the only regular here who preferred DD to KK!!!!

You've just made my day.

(Except there are no DDs in this part of the PNW ... le sigh)

FlyingRon

Oh my goodness ... I thought I was the only regular here who preferred DD to KK!!!!
I got over Krispy Kremes back in the 1960's when I used to have to sell them door-to-door as a part of a cub scouts fundraiser. I ended up eating more than a few over the time I spent in the scouts. KK is OK if you catch them when the light is on.

I used to hit the Winchells at the end of my block pretty much solely because it was there (and I had a 55 minute commute back then so I needed the coffee and sugar to get through it at that hour of the morning).

CdwJava

Negative!

I never drank coffee but I tried it when I started working overnights (1900-0700). I found that although I love the smell of it I don't care for the taste and it does nothing for me - I can drink three cups and then go to sleep. Caffeine doesn't seem to have a noticeable effect on me for some reason.
ADHD maybe? :D

Red Bull tastes like medicine and since the caffeine is useless I certainly don't drink that either!
I hate Red Bull. Yech. But, coffee ... oh, there are so many magical and mystical ways to prepare it, add to it, and make it all the more wonderful! :)

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
ADHD maybe? :D

I hate Red Bull. Yech. But, coffee ... oh, there are so many magical and mystical ways to prepare it, add to it, and make it all the more wonderful! :)

French press. Coffee. Carnation evaporated milk. Hazelnut syrup (sugar-free if necessary). That's what my husband calls the "Saving The Universe" recipe, largely because I'm pretty unapproachable before I've had coffee and if I go online without caffeine ... well, bad things can happen :D ;)

(I'm joking about the bad things happening. A bit. Maybe. )

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
I got over Krispy Kremes back in the 1960's when I used to have to sell them door-to-door as a part of a cub scouts fundraiser. I ended up eating more than a few over the time I spent in the scouts. KK is OK if you catch them when the light is on.

I used to hit the Winchells at the end of my block pretty much solely because it was there (and I had a 55 minute commute back then so I needed the coffee and sugar to get through it at that hour of the morning).
Now I need donuts.

And donuts are bad for my health. I'll just look at pictures of donuts instead.

/cue tiny violins

CdwJava

French press. Coffee. Carnation evaporated milk. Hazelnut syrup (sugar-free if necessary). That's what my husband calls the "Saving The Universe" recipe, largely because I'm pretty unapproachable before I've had coffee and if I go online without caffeine ... well, bad things can happen :D ;)

(I'm joking about the bad things happening. A bit. Maybe. )
I worked with a morning person once ... at summer camp.

Bit of a back story ... I went to work at the camp and by year 2 I figured that the cute girls worked with horses. Sooo, I went out and got CHA certified to teach horse instruction. Little did I know that meant that I'd get tasked to be down at the stable by 5 AM or earlier most days. I was a grumpy Gus until that first cup of coffee and all we had was a percolator (this was 1985). The girl I worked with was one of those annoying soles who woke up all happy and perky as she rolled out of bed. We made quite the pair!

Yeah, I need my coffee.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">