• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rainex Damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bali Hai Again

The Rainex that caused the issue on my car (2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport) was the orange color All Season Rainex, 2 in 1.

I reviewed the document link, I believe it's related to the original Rainex, not the All Season, but regardless, can't say I understand much of it.
Bought 2 gallons of this “product” a couple years ago (that‘s all that was left in the store). $6 per gallon. Left a film on my windshield to the point it was unsafe to drive (especially in colder weather). Drained the “product” and put the $1.98 winter brand instead and no problems. Stop by and you can have the above described “product” free!

quincy

Bought 2 gallons of this “product” a couple years ago (that‘s all that was left in the store). $6 per gallon. Left a film on my windshield to the point it was unsafe to drive (especially in colder weather). Drained the “product” and put the $1.98 winter brand instead and no problems. Stop by and you can have the above described “product” free!
I have read mixed reviews on the Rain-X products and “filming” is one of the complaints often mentioned. I read nothing about scratches or pitting, however. The warranty does not appear to cover the type of glass damage reported here. Grabbing the $1000 and then using a different product seems to me to be the best action to take.

allie2

I wish I could post pictures of the damage. It is not pitting or scratches, it just looks like dirty water drops and streaks on the glass (and on the trim between the windshield and moon roof) that can't be cleaned off. Looks like dirty windows, but they can't be cleaned.

I'll give some thought to small claims court, but might just have to accept the $1000 and the fact my car is ruined.

Thank you all for your help!

quincy

I experienced Rainex damage to my front windshield, moon roof and rear windows. Rainex caused spots and dirt marks to be etched into the glass, impossible to remove. Glass must be replaced (I already replaced my front windshield once and it was damaged again, that's how I know damage was caused by Rainex). Total estimate to repair is over $7,000 but Rainex is only willing to reimburse me $1,000. Do I have any recourse?
Your use of the word “etched” in your post above made me think that the glass was scratched or pitted. I am sorry for misunderstanding the type of glass damage.

The choice of what to do - accept the $1000 from Rain-X or sue for $7000 worth of glass repairs/replacement - is ultimately up to you. You can run the facts by an attorney in your area who can take an upclose and personal look at the windshield damage and can offer you a more informed opinion after this review.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">