• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rape Threat on Facebook

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Just Blue

Sure, you can call the police ... just don't expect them to do anything. Even if this is somehow a crime in GA (maybe they have some statute covering online harassment or threats, I dunno), the odds of them seeking a search warrant for Facebook, ISPs, and maybe other entities in order to track this guy down is somewhere between zero and zilch. A stranger making a crude and crass comment on the internet is hardly the crime of the century. And if the police investigated every such incident, we'd have to shut down every other element of government to fund the investigative units necessary to conduct these investigations.

So, move on, stay off of forums and discussion groups where things get heated, and try not to engage yo-yos in debates.
Actually some Jerk...something like that to me on this site. And no. I did not call the police....Just assured the "man" that I would be waiting and prepared for the "visit". Little men with little...issues... do not concern me.

TigerD

It's Friday night..."someone" will chastise many of us for saying the sky is blue.;)
Probably because the sky isn't blue. That because molecules in the air scatter blue light from the sun more than they scatter red light. When we look towards the sun at sunset, we see red and orange colors because the blue light has been scattered out and away from the line of sight.

;)

TD

William39

you have a right to call the police. You can go to the station and file a restraining order on this person. But it seems you do not even know who this person is or where they are from. Clearly he said something that upset you, he even went out of his way to apologize. Accept it and move on. I am sure at this ooint he moved on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">